Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

SPV

dazzo

Alphans

Dave

Alphans
Thanks Dazzo,
I'm assuming that colour pics exist of the top, side, front and back views?

Anyone have these and want to share?

Bishop

Alphans
Finally, those photos in colour. Huge thanks. BTW do you have the other one in the sequence with the SPV facing right? These colour reference pictures are wonderful :clap:

miger1

Alphans
Bl##dy 'ell --At last! --a colour shot of the rear of the SPV and a chance to have a good look at what those 'spotlight' thingys are------------i once thought they may be exhausts, but still can't quite make them out!
.......but look at that curvy shadow underneath them ?????????????

astrocat

Alphans
Bl##dy 'ell --At last! --a colour shot of the rear of the SPV and a chance to have a good look at what those 'spotlight' thingys are------------i once thought they may be exhausts, but still can't quite make them out!
.......but look at that curvy shadow underneath them ?????????????

miger1, perhaps this graphic might help?....

Keith :)

JD

Alphans
perhaps this graphic might help?....

:lol: 'Mr. Modesty'!!

You're a class act, Keith! Any chance you know whether those little
'tow-bar' things under the nose are a found object or not?

Not that you haven't done enough already! :D

:doh: Doh! As long as I'm asking, I forgot the 'biggie'...

Do you know where the wheels are from?

astrocat

Alphans

No, unfortunately I haven't got a clue about the wheels..... I keep searching though :)
As for the 'tow bar' things you mentioned before, I think they're scratch built - they show up on Derek Meddings' concept sketch for the SPV, so I presume the modelmakers were just following his drawing with those.
I'm still not sure what the grille and it's surround on the back are from either... it looks like something from a radio or other electrical device, but so far I haven't found one that matches.
I didn't nention the M-1 tracks and wheels on the back by the way, as I'm asuming everyone already knows those... :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, those Scalextric Oil Drums are inside the tracks (two to each side) just in case it's a little hard to see on the picture.

Keith

JD

Alphans
:thumbup: Cheers Keith! I had the same thought about the detail being on Derek's sketch, but I've been surprised before.

astrocat

Alphans
that is some seriously good work there Keith:clap::clap::thumbup:. watch the prices of old scalextric stuff go up now. must blow the cobwebs off my SPV now and get on to ebay
cheers Paul

It's the Kibri Transformer Station that'll be the difficult one Paul - it took me almost two years to get hold of an unassembled kit on eBay. Of course, having said that they'll probably start turning up by the dozen now!

Angelo

Alphans

According to Martin Bower, who built an excellent replica,
the large wheels came from a 1/12th racing car kit, long out of production, and as you only get two per kit, you'd have to buy SIX kits to get the required number of large tyres.:thumbdown:

JD

Alphans
Yes, that's the info on his website. In his SPV article from the second 'pilot' issue of SFFM in 1994 he noted:

"as far as I can see, the original large tyres were from a 1966-67 Ferrari 1/12th scale racing car kit. I even found one in a collector's shop! But the catch? It's so collectable it would have cost me £120! And it only had four tyres, not the twelve large tyres needed for an SPV."

Plus astrocat/Keith has known and worked with Martin for many years. I assume if Martin had the right reference, Keith would know.

paul gray

Forum Supporter
picked up my bits from a really nice guy called Paul-thanks Paul, who has scalextric stuff stacked to the rafters and a few nice anderson bits including a space 1999 LP i had not seen before. any way here's a pic of the main bits. i didn't realise how big they were . 12 green bits ,6 trolley jacks and pots and funnels. so a good result.
cheers Paul

paul gray

Forum Supporter
for those of you who are interested here's one of the lights at the rear and a new ruler just for Dave:lol:
cheers Paul

Dave

Alphans
As I said on the other thread, used to be available from Radio Spares (RS Components) or Maplins (MPS). They are LES Panel Lights and take LES screw in bulbs up to 12 volts. The red cover unscrews.

No longer available (new that is). Your best bet is ebay or old electrical shops.

mat2244

Alphans
SPV Paint.

Does anyone know where to get the Zircon Blue paint for the SPV? I've been looking and emailing Halfords and many other companies but they all say that it has been discontinued. A friend of mine living in Luton has also been on the lookout for it but still no results. Samples I've purchased here in Canada just don't seem to be the right color of blue.