Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Starcruiser 1-REBUILT

Lrl

Alphans

I regressed to childhood and bought this partial kit on ebay, most of the windows, engine bells and skids are missing, but all the important stuff is there. This means that I can either restore or reinterpret the model. I choose the latter, mostly because the weedy little rocket boosters on the end of the wings annoy me. Something altogether bigger, rotatable for VTOL is what I'm thinking, visible caterpillar tracks on the command unit, and some visible weaponry. It has a fine dragonish face, and nicer detail than I remembered.

Any more thoughts?

Last edited:

TVC21

Alphans

I regressed to childhood and bought this partial kit on ebay, most of the windows, engine bells and skids are missing, but all the important stuff is there. This means that I can either restore or reinterpret the model. I choose the latter, mostly because the weedy little rocket boosters on the end of the wings annoy me. Something altogether bigger, rotatable for VTOL is what I'm thinking, visible caterpillar tracks on the command unit, and some visible weaponry. It has a fine dragonish face, and nicer detail than I remembered.

Any more thoughts?

I loved and adored that model. Still gutted the Dinky one never happened....

thundergod

Alphans
I had this model complete, until ( relatively ) recently . I was getting back into modelling and used the parts for kit-bashing ! ( I know :roll: ). If had the chance again , I'd build it in true "Anderson style " ,as intended , VERY impractical, mostly white , a little weathering and a few understated markings . ( Sigh...:cry:)

Last edited:

Lrl

Alphans
And then there was the late 90's, Volgan invasion, moon blasted out of orbit, kids today know nothing about this stuff.

Lrl

Alphans
WIP, VTOL engines, lots of tracks, visible weapons.....a retro fitted, ready to rumble and trundle Star Destroyer.

thundergod

Alphans
That looks the business ! It makes me wonder , the moulds for this kit MUST be knocking around somewhere . Surely it's not beyond realms of possibility for someone ( Airfix , Humbrol , whoever ) to re-issue it . It's not like the licensing rights would be a problem . After all , they deemed it worthwhile to do the same with the old Angel kit . They could even make it "snap-fit" and appeal to the toy buyers as well . :think:

( Actually , wasn't it snap-fit first time round ?)

Blue Moon

Alphans
Loving your work Lrl. I too had a kit of this as a kid, and more recently bought a mint boxed version for my collection. I must confess, it's been at the back of my mind for a while to build a 'big' maybe 44" scale one of these, probably based on Martin Bower's original prototype models :yes: I think it would be cooool and the possabilities for detailing would be great!

Lrl

Alphans
Loving your work Lrl. I too had a kit of this as a kid, and more recently bought a mint boxed version for my collection. I must confess, it's been at the back of my mind for a while to build a 'big' maybe 44" scale one of these, probably based on Martin Bower's original prototype models :yes: I think it would be cooool and the possabilities for detailing would be great!

OR you could open the box, I would.

Lrl

Alphans
Oh Ham, the wave motion gun, as you can see, is in the bottom right of the last picture, we just haven't figured out where to put it yet.

Lrl

Alphans
Tis done. I upgraded one snap together Airfix kit/toy with Robogear, another snap together Airfix kit/toy, so my sources are above reproach. The gaps and seams are still visible, as they should be on a "clip-together" kit, I have installed magnetic strips to hold it all together. Better than she was before, BETTER, STRONGER, FASTER.......I give you

Last edited: