Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Starcruiser

mack29

Alphans
Whilst the likes of TV21 and Countdown have been scanned into digital format I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of scans of the Look-In Starcruiser comic strip?

dukedexter

Alphans
We covered the Starcruiser strip in an early issue of Andersonic (4) with some original art drawn before Airfix made final modifications to Martin's model. I don't think the whole strip is online which is a shame.

PeteQ

Alphans
Whilst the likes of TV21 and Countdown have been scanned into digital format I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of scans of the Look-In Starcruiser comic strip?

I found this page, which has a comprehensive history of Starcruiser

http://www.technodelic.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Upload02/Starcruiser01.htm

The scans are pretty low res though, but there are some of Martin Bower's concept sketches.

Also, if you click onto page 2 of the article at the bottom there's a piece about the history of the Airfix kit.

I vaguely remember Starcruiser and Gerry Anderson being on Runaround when Stan Bordman presented the show - again, only a low res b&w pic is given on page 2 of the article.

mack29

Alphans
Many thanks for the suggestions, guys.
Really enjoyed the Andersonic article (as I do the mag on a regular basis).
After doing my own research I cannot find much more about Starcruiser on line, although I managed to pick up a copy of Starlog No. 21 in which Gerry Anderson discusses the Airfix model.
I know I used to have some of the Look In comics in question but it was far from a complete run. I may have to have a rummage in the bowels of my loft when (?) I get chance.

Swine Flu

Alphans
The Airfix kit was crap! Too boxed off, not enough curves
The protortype looked alot better
Love to see an updated model kit