Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Starship Dimensions

Garuda

Forum Supporter
I like this. A wonderful display of spaceships of all genres.

Quite amusing to drag the Rama cylinder across the screen and compare it to the Death Star. Sci-Fi meets fantasy!

And I always had a taste for REALLY big constructions, present and imagined. A good place to see them here, indeed.

The eagle is listed as 68 meters. That seems about twice as much as is reasonable...? :?

CR

Alphans
Maybe the measurement was based on a set of orthographic blueprints made by L Allen Everhart back in the 1980's. I have a set of them. Though beautifully detailed, they show a human for scale... about half the size he should be! (And that's about half the size if you're using, say, Baldassari's measurements for a "real" Eagle. It looks more like about 1/3 size compared to shots from "Another Time, Another Place.")