Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Station Sigma

saturnapollo

Alphans
After all the problems I had with the helijet I felt I had to do something which was simple, enjoyable and relatively quick. Also cheap! So I gathered together all the remnants of old space station kits (Heller/Revell) and see if I could build something without having to buy anything!

OK, no prizes for guessing where I got the inspiratuion from. I intend bulding small interplanetary spacecraft and a couple of small spaceplanes (the strange aircraft from the UFO Moonbase kit will form the basis) to be docked to it.

Keith

Attachments

• Space Station Sigma.jpg
    Space Station Sigma.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 60

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Altares kit....

Hi Keith,

Completely by chance I might have something suitable to dock with your station... :D

Not sure about the scale but can confirm we will have stock of Duey's Altares Model 10.5" resin kit soon. Will that fit the bill?

Cap'n

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks Steve.

And thanks, Cap'n for the idea, but already considered that as I have one in the attic. Think it will be a bit too big though as that will be more than half the length of the station (not quite 18"). I've envisioned the station as being a lot smaller scale than that, so it will be a huge station. But I will see what it looks like with the ships I come up with to see if it looks right.

I must admit I do prefer working in small scales rather than large scales as I find it somehow more enjoyable.

Keith

Last edited:

Steve Gerard

Alphans

saturnapollo/Keith your Space Station does look like a excellent revision of the Space:1999 Spacedock, maintaining the original overall inspiration. I do think the smaller scale still looks impressive and whatever you dock to it will look cool. Please post images of this work in progress.:thumbup:

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks for posting the photo, Steve. I was sort of doing it from memory and the parts I had available to me kind of dictated the configuration. The photo shows the Ultraprobe is pretty big compared to the station. I prefer the smaller relative size.

Nearly finished building the first spaceship.

Keith

saturnapollo

Alphans
Made some progress today.

Attachments

• Space Station Sigma2.jpg
    Space Station Sigma2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Space Station Sigma3.jpg
    Space Station Sigma3.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Space Station Sigma4.jpg
    Space Station Sigma4.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 37

HUNCH

Alphans
Man, you're not messin' around with this one! Coming together quickly and looks nice. Can hardly wait to see it "floating" in space (above the earth or some planet hopefully).

Fun Pod

Alphans
You can already tell this is gonna look the business! I think it's small scale will play in it's favour 8)

saturnapollo

Alphans
Thanks to everyone.

Essentially complete apart from some tidying up and filler - but thought I'd better take photos before I make a mess of it at the painting stage. All the docked spacecraft are finished and I think I prefer the orientation of the space planes to what I had before.

Not sure if I'll go with plain white or a very light grey.

Can hardly wait to see it "floating" in space (above the earth or some planet hopefully).

Yes, I'll be photographing it above the Earth:thumbup:

Keith

Attachments

• Space Station Sigma5.jpg
    Space Station Sigma5.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Space Station Sigma6.jpg
    Space Station Sigma6.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Space Station Sigma7.jpg
    Space Station Sigma7.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 11
  • Space Station Sigma8.jpg
    Space Station Sigma8.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Space Station Sigma9.jpg
    Space Station Sigma9.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

saturnapollo

Alphans
Finished!

Although you can't see in the photos I made tiny Eurosec decals for the spaceplanes.

I will probably have the old Prometheus and Arcturus docked to it via Photoshop. This will be a good model to reuse for different interplanetary craft.

Now to get some decent photos done!

Keith

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Looking good Kieth, I am certainly looking forward to seeing the photo shopped pictures.

Tim Smith

Alphans
Excellent as always!! Maybe you should spin it and add some music! Are those the 'head' parts from Lego sets I see used on the little probe ships? Great parts, i need some!