Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Steve D's SCRATCHBUILT Discovery project!

Yes guys, you’ve read right! Steve D, the same guys who’s currently burning the midnight oil over that promising Eagle launch pad, has on his “vault” another project…a fully scratchbuilt Discovery when built up will be about two metres in length!!! :eek::yes:

Ok, here are some pictures showing what he has done so far:

Now pictures of some rather impressive blueprints that some of you (like me) probably never seen before:

And now….this one is for you :eek:ld: fans of Dr. Who….try to guess who’s the lovely lady to whom Steve is proposing…. :roll:

....more to come! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Art! I'm happy that you can finally see the pics from home! I was actually thinking on replacing those image links with new ones; glad it's not necessary and thanks for getting back to me on this.

Steve will be online tomorrow and will certainly answer your question.

Cheers!

Jorge

Steve D

Alphans
disco drawings.

Hi Art, re, Disco drawings. The ones I used were given to me by a friend about 10 years ago so I thought it might be fun to try and build the ship. However when I realised (after getting it 80 per cent done ) that the drawings were in fact from 2010 the entire thing went into the project abandoned cupboard. I still have the drawings somewhere in the house, but I found a really nice set of prints on the net, in full colour. Drop me an e-mail and I will send you them with pleasure ......Regards..Steve:thumbup

Hi Art, re, Disco drawings. The ones I used were given to me by a friend about 10 years ago so I thought it might be fun to try and build the ship. However when I realised (after getting it 80 per cent done ) that the drawings were in fact from 2010 the entire thing went into the project abandoned cupboard. I still have the drawings somewhere in the house, but I found a really nice set of prints on the net, in full colour. Drop me an e-mail and I will send you them with pleasure ......Regards..Steve:thumbup

Hi Steve. Thanks for the offer. Did you get the email I sent?

Thanks,

Art

Steve D

Alphans
No e-mail

Evening Art, didnt get your e-mail, Try dickiedavies@hotmail.co.uk and this should get through, however my wireless router went berserk with itself on Friday and I have just got the technician to sort it out,so try again buddy and it shouls get through.......Regards..Steve:thumbup:

Steve D

Alphans
Dodgy Disco.

Hi Chris, yeah see what you mean, curve city:yes:. However the drawings I based it on were the Shane Jhonson blueprints and are bang on if scaled up. I think the drawings were actually based on the 2010 Discovery because if you notice the middle of the CM collar is totally different to the 2001 model. Again with not much published reference and no internet accsess at the time I had to make do with what I could get my mitts on. All this is moot however, as this model has been consigned to the PROJECT ABANDONED cupboard some time ago. I just thought the guys would like to see what I had done before I got bored. On a different note would you say that £280 is a fair price to pay for a PE TB2 . I know the colour is far too light, but what about dimensions??? looks a bit squashed to me, also any other glaring inaccuries. This is going to be my crimbo present off the other half, so any advise would be mucho appriciated.....PS I dont mind doing a paint job but theres not a lot I can do about the squashy problem..Many thanks:)

Steve D

Alphans
Disco disaster.

Hi Art, yep you are correct the drawings I used were indeed the ones that are on the thread you sent me. As memory serves me the CM diameter is seven and a half inches (I have given a friend the model to finish if he wants to as Im not really interested in it any more, if I make another it will be vastly improved, still quite an expensive lesson learned,:roll: ah well). Ok thats my whinge over, I have come across a superb set of blueprints right under my nose. They are by a guy called Jon C Rogers and they are featured in the Spaceship handbook, www.arapress.com The drawings are the most accurate that I have ever seen (they even have the the oval at the front of the propulsion unit clearly shown). I cant recommend this book highly enough, for sure its a bit expensive but as a research volume alone its a tiny price to pay, buy it now. Hope this as been of some use to you:)...Best regards ..Steve.... PS, I purchased the hemispheres for the CM from a plastics dealer here in the UK who imported them from the USA, then I had some vac forms done so I could cut out the raised panels, the company that sold them was EMA and I think they have a web site. I think I paid about £20each for them about ten years ago so expect to pay a bit more, but they are THE business. Any questions you know where I am, see ya .....S..

Last edited:

Steve D

Alphans
update

Hi Art, yep you are correct the drawings I used were indeed the ones that are on the thread you sent me. As memory serves me the CM diameter is seven and a half inches (I have given a friend the model to finish if he wants to as Im not really interested in it any more, if I make another it will be vastly improved, still quite an expensive lesson learned,:roll: ah well). Ok thats my whinge over, I have come across a superb set of blueprints right under my nose. They are by a guy called Jon C Rogers and they are featured in the Spaceship handbook, www.arapress.com The drawings are the most accurate that I have ever seen (they even have the the oval at the front of the propulsion unit clearly shown). I cant recommend this book highly enough, for sure its a bit expensive but as a research volume alone its a tiny price to pay, buy it now. Hope this as been of some use to you:)...Best regards ..Steve.... PS, I purchased the hemispheres for the CM from a plastics dealer here in the UK who imported them from the USA, then I had some vac forms done so I could cut out the raised panels, the company that sold them was EMA and I think they have a web site. I think I paid about £20each for them about ten years ago so expect to pay a bit more, but they are THE business. Any questions you know where I am, see ya .....S..
Art, just checked the web, the address for ema is at the following... www.ema-models.com....Steve.