Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Studio Scale Cylon Raider

dbhs

Alphans
I just finished my Cylon Raider. This is the Mike Salzo Version2 kit that came out a few years ago. This is my first completely finished studio replica model and I'm pleased with how it turned out. More pics on my site here: http://www.hanshortes.com/dbhsmodeler/index.htm

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
The Cylon Raider has to be among my top 10 favourite ship outside of the worlds of Anderson. Mike Salazar is a genius.

I saw the WIP pictures, that painting stand was a really good idea and fairly easy to make up with clothing rail and hanger components. Nice idea Doug, thanks for sharing :thumbup:

Cap'n

starlord

Alphans
Last year I was given a cylon raider model that was picked up at a hobby shop. I now have it on a bookcase on it's stand painted as it looked in the older BSG shows that played on t.v. in the mid 80's. or late 70's.

steve36uk

Alphans
Much as I enjoyed the Re-boot, you still can't beat the proper designs-take note "Blood and Chrome"!!!!!

starlord

Alphans
Re-boot? am not dure what you mean by that. If you mean the so called newer bsg that was on the air last year, in my book it was trash. they could take that film and put it under a nasa rocket being lunched.

Ham Salad

Alphans
Re-boot? am not dure what you mean by that. If you mean the so called newer bsg that was on the air last year, in my book it was trash. they could take that film and put it under a nasa rocket being lunched.

When I saw the original BSG in 1970's I was disappointed...I thought it looked so good, but the writing should have been so much better.

Then I saw the new one, and somehow the old one seems so much more intelligent, logical, and better made by comparison. All I can say is that the new one shows what really uncreative people can do to ruin a show with utter contempt for their own audience.

starlord

Alphans
I was driving a L.A. Yellow cab at that time and I got to have some of the people that where working on the BSG show to places they had to go too. At that time I got the info that each show was written the week before and acted out and filmed that same week and they the parts where added in for all the stock footage the had. and even then they did not know how long it would go on.

Steve Gerard

Alphans
When I saw the original BSG in 1970's I was disappointed...I thought it looked so good, but the writing should have been so much better.

Then I saw the new one, and somehow the old one seems so much more intelligent, logical, and better made by comparison. All I can say is that the new one shows what really uncreative people can do to ruin a show with utter contempt for their own audience.

Well said, I felt the same way.

dbhs

Alphans
Frak it!!

We really need to get back on topic here and talk about how awesome the Raider is. :)

JAWSMODELS

Alphans
Yes Doug your Raider is awsome:roll:
You will frak out when I divulge some very interesting news next month :twisted: