Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Studio-scale Moon Mobile

started this project studio size moon mobile it is a tough one to do i can tell you the legs are the worst to figure out and to get it to sit straight on all four

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/steve48442/Picture177.jpghttp://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee168/steve48442/Picture176.jpg

Looks good. For strenght you could use full brass rod or insert a smaller tube into the outer tube. I did so on the frame of my Superswift and the frame is very strong. Go on with the good work.

May I ask you a questions? Are you working from blueprints and if yes whre are they available?

Looks good. For strenght you could use full brass rod or insert a smaller tube into the outer tube. I did so on the frame of my Superswift and the frame is very strong. Go on with the good work.

May I ask you a questions? Are you working from blueprints and if yes whre are they available?

no blueprints just blown up pictures scaling from kit parts on the original prop

saturnapollo

Alphans
Definitely progressing well.

the legs are the worst to figure out and to get it to sit straight on all four

I only built a 1/48 version a few years back and without doubt trying to do the legs was the most difficult part. I had trouble even deciding which was going to the best way to start!!

Keith

DX-SFX

Alphans
Try what the military modelling boys do and support the body on a jig attached to a flat base board then assemble the legs. That way all four feet should touch down on the same plane. Lego can be handy for this because you can construct almost any kind of jig and it stays nice and square and level.

chas b

Alphans
Hi,it's a favourite vehicle of mine and one that I hope to build someday.
Can I just point out that you are using the wrong Gemini kit parts below the shallower domes on the front ( the lunar lander feet)?

Regards
Chas

Hi,it's a favourite vehicle of mine and one that I hope to build someday.
Can I just point out that you are using the wrong Gemini kit parts below the shallower domes on the front ( the lunar lander feet)?

Regards
Chas

the parts im using are wrong i am waiting for another gemini kit for the right parts. they were used to give me a good referance on size and location i will be also lining the lighs with cromb foil and bulbs will be placed in

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Merging threads here - In the screen grabs of the UFO crashing besides the Moonmobiles they look 2 or 3 times bigger than the one flying over Strakers car. It really does throw the question about the scale of a UFO up in the air.

Merging threads here - In the screen grabs of the UFO crashing besides the Moonmobiles they look 2 or 3 times bigger than the one flying over Strakers car. It really does throw the question about the scale of a UFO up in the air.
i did read somewhere that guitar picks were used for the small ufo

JD

Alphans
They'd be about right for a 6" wide Ufo, maybe a little bigger. I made one test 'paddle' for a 12" model a while ago, which was bigger than any plectrum I've seen.

In the screen grabs of the UFO crashing besides the Moonmobiles they look 2 or 3 times bigger than the one flying over Strakers car.

Could that be a smaller pyro model of the Moonmobile? The bottom angle of the windows, and a couple of other details, doesn't match the other views, even when you see two Moonmobiles side by side.