Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Studio Scale Moonbase Alpha - Let the fun begin!

Alpha149

Forum Supporter
All,

I have started my build using Bernie's Main Mission blueprints. First thing was a bit of tracing and measuring to get the tower and the tower column off to a local wood shop for fabricating. Next step was to laminate the blueprint itself, as I almost had paper meets Cola tragedy! Once that was completed I started cutting all of the vertical panels. 116 of them to be exact. My eyes are ready to bug out of my head. Thank God for "The Chopper II". A REAL life saver here. Here is a progress pic to get things rolling. Updates will be slow, as my woodworker vacated to the Bahamas for 2 weeks. Nerve of the guy! 3 feet of snow on the ground, and HE gets to go to the beach?! Now I just need Bernie to get the acrylic together...no pressure, no pressure! :roll: I have covered up some of the information on the print out of respect for Bernie's copyright on the drawing. I would highly recommend the Main Mission image pack as as it has become invaluable for reference.

Enjoy

EddieL

Alphans
Is that a Borg cube paperweight? :twisted:

Yes please, plenty of progress pics! I'm all eyes. :eek:

Cheers
Eddie

Moonbase alpha

Would love to have a copy of these plans trying to scratch build a largescale main mission building
any chance
thanks ken

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Plan orders....

Hi Ken and welcome,

Yes of course, just follow the link to the Captain's Store in my signature, don't forget to photo and post your progress...

Good luck.

Cap'n

_OM_

Alphans
Is that a Borg cube paperweight? :twisted:

...Why someone hasn't released one of these after all these years totally escapes me. Then again, if Paranoidmount's licensing department was staffed with people with any common sense, there's a *lot* of neat stuff that would have been produced by now. Possibly the least of all being a marketing recinscion of having the TOS Enterprise arrowhead as the official Starfleet symbol, instead of yielding to the marketing urge and having every ship, probe, station and upper rank have their own badges. Wardrobe's laziness was Paranoidmount's loss of profits, natch.

CR

Alphans
...Why someone hasn't released one of these after all these years totally escapes me. Then again, if Paranoidmount's licensing department was staffed with people with any common sense, there's a *lot* of neat stuff that would have been produced by now. Possibly the least of all being a marketing recinscion of having the TOS Enterprise arrowhead as the official Starfleet symbol, instead of yielding to the marketing urge and having every ship, probe, station and upper rank have their own badges. Wardrobe's laziness was Paranoidmount's loss of profits, natch.
That reads a little confusingly; you're saying you wish that ST WOULD have individual ship & station symbols, like TOS had, right? And that by not doing so, the studio lost out on potential extra marketing?
Personally, I like individual ships having their own identity, but there are real-world precedents for having a single identifier for a whole group (be it military or corporate). And I think the marketing for ST, like it or not, has been pretty successful with the arrowhead symbol; it's pretty universally recognised. (So much so that back when I was in high school in the 1980's--when only a few ST movies had been made & TNG wasn't even begun--a kid in my geometry class referred to a geometric form resembling an arrowhead as a "Star Trek thing." And he wasn't even a fan of ST, nor even of science fiction.)