Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Studio Scale SHADO Mobile

Ah...

Try ~everything~. I have the Tiger Joe tank, and thats about it. No body yet, and no detailing. Thats why I asked about the Merriman/Goode body (w/ or w/o detailing kit)

Would be nice if their kit had all the required detailing too... then all we need to concentrate on is putting it all together.

I know a guy here in NA who makes custom tank parts, he said he could make me suspension arms, wonder if he'd be interested in prototyping a chassis to be added to the body kit? His work is well known amongst the R/C tankers.

ok forget david merriman he will not produce anything that is not licensed, he runs an honest buisness a one of a kind of guy

Last edited:

JD

Alphans
Nice one! Cheers Mike, I had missed them. Many thanks, Adama!

My Mobile is still a TJ tank and a box of bits! I almost made a start on it a few months ago, but reality intruded: I need to get a kit or two out and generate some cashflow. Otherwise I'll have to go and find a real job! :eek: :lol:

something very big is coming guys

Something very big is coming guys
Hey Mamas!!! I knew you were lurking in here somewhere! Great to hear from you!

I had wondered for a long time what you, Mike Trim & Sean were up to with the show, since I sent Sean parts & now it's all revealed these years later in Agent Crush. Sorry to hear some of the early stuff didn't make it, but I can see Mike Trim's blue pointy-nosed vehicle in the scrap-yard for one. I recall it was a really fun time for you guys, even in the early stages.

I had finally gotten the run down from Sean too, so glad something came of all that effort in the end. Sean & I are up to no good with more Mobile work at the moment too. What monsterous models are you bringing to life now?
cheers,
John

Dave

Alphans
"I know something you don't know. Doo Daa, Doo Daa"

Ooh I hate teases.

Is it that Agent Crush is going to be released?

HUNCH

Alphans
Being a SHADO MOBILE thread I'm hoping something along those lines, but I hate to speculate.
The "Crush" film would be way cool though!

eagle44

Alphans
Unless..

Well im going to take a gamble and guess......
a SHADO MOBILE perhaps?

Come on now...in a thread named "Studio Scale SHADO Mobile"..much too simple I say :lol:..unless that Transit Van has been converted into a 1/1 scale working example :brows:.
I only hope it's a complete kit of the full scale Studio Mobile for less than £100..:pray:.
Cheers all..Ian "eagle44".

--------------------

Interceptor6

Alphans

Still needs fine tuning - comments anyone?

Hopefully helpfully,
Barry
Looks good Barry, has it been completed? I'm almost to this point with mine, though when it gets down to the nitty-gritty I think I've seen a half dozen rear decks, and they're all different! Is there a plate for the Tamiya long tom wheel to rest on? or does it sit on the backing plate? I've seen pics of it elevated, so the wheel sits high, and flush where it sits low.:wtf:
[/IMG]

Mark42

Chief Eagle Pilot
Looks good Barry, has it been completed? I'm almost to this point with mine, though when it gets down to the nitty-gritty I think I've seen a half dozen rear decks, and they're all different! Is there a plate for the Tamiya long tom wheel to rest on? or does it sit on the backing plate? I've seen pics of it elevated, so the wheel sits high, and flush where it sits low.:wtf:
[/IMG]

The only backplate that seems to have been built correctly is on the Mobile currently being built by Chas B, with the assistance of Simmo & Century21slough. All other backplates, including mine, are apparently wrong, especially the one in the picture that you have next to those kit part castings - although you my prefer them wrong? Lots of people like to invent their own detailing and the Mobile does have a gap through the back that you may not want to replicate.

As for the Long Tom wheel it is mounted at a different angle to the rest of the kit parts - it's pretty much horizontal.

Last edited:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Think Tank....

A great idea. And although we have all the kits to make duplicates to detail the hull, & all the drawings were done some years ago including chassis----again unfortunately who knows 'when'...Maybe enough people will develop their own Mobile portions here on the forum & I'll get out of having to deliver anything! But seriously folks, I'd love to have one too, that's made properly. In the mean time, everyone keep on building!
John

Hi JW,

I am considering making laser cut chassis assemblies, wheels and track sets. I wonder if you could point me in the direction of the drawings you mentioned here? :builder:

Mamas and I are talking seriously about this with a view to co opting a kit. I can laser cut 1/4" Perspex (Plexiglass) but need reference to make a CAD image. If this work has been done already it would save a whole lot of time. :thumbup:

Best regards.

Cap'n

JWGoode

Alphans
Hmmm...OK, I may need more time, so if you chaps feel like waiting around, I'm game. Anything that can be done to eliminate carving , sanding, routing etc...would be a great improvement. The vacuform cabin that Chas b made is spot on perfect. This needs to be done in clear, if someone would contact him & see about that, if he's willing or would show his tooling so we can replicate.
John

chas b

Alphans
OK chaps,due to the huge interest in the Mobile I'm looking into having cab vac forms produced in a clear material.I'll post more when I know more.
Some of you know that I've been working on an accurate Mobile for a very long time ( with invaluable kit spotting help and general encouragement from my good buddy Simmo).
I was hoping to post pics of the finished model before offering any such services but as you are all so keen I thought I'd better stop lurking and post something.
I will also be casting the body but this is a few months off yet.

Regards

Chas B