Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Studio Scale UFO GSP4 Space Probe.

Studio Scale UFO GSP4 Space Probe.

Having only looked at my screencaps and one partial picture that has been enlarged somewhat I’m hazarding a guess at the parts as I haven’t really put them together to judge sizes.

So my guess is the following kits could have made this one up.

Revell 1/48th Apollo Stack
Revell 1/24th Gemini
Airfix Superfortress

There seem to be 2 Apollo capsules joined with a truncated service section at the front possibly inserted sideways into Gemini equipment and retrograde sections (only guessing with the Gemini I have not tried them together to judge size

At the rear is the Apollo shroud.

Inbetween I guess lots of pieces from the Apollo and Gemini.

I think the Superfortress gun turret is used for the miniature as the rotating thrusters on the aft section which have been duplicated in the large section.

Franz Bolo

Alphans
That one thing looks like a gun port from a tank. I don't think there is an exhaust pipe either.

If there was, it would have picked up a highlight from the lighting.

Also, look at the ports on the top and bottom in this photo. There doesn't seem to be an exhaust port on either of them. I think it's a painted detail.

FB

DX-SFX

Alphans
Pretty certain that ringed attitude thruster item comes from the Airfix B29 Superfortress. It's one of the gun turret parts. The same kit was used to detail S.I.D. and the 2001 models.

DX-SFX

Alphans
No, it's about a third of the diameter of that bit. It's like an elliptical vessel head or dish with a rectangular notch taken out of one side. The same bit appears right in the centre of the leg shrouds on the 2001 Aries. From memory, the bit you pictured was on the underside of the 2001 Moonbus.

MkIXHawk

Alphans
DX-SFX said:
No, it's about a third of the diameter of that bit. It's like an elliptical vessel head or dish with a rectangular notch taken out of one .

If memory serves correctly, that part is one of the Remote Controlled gun turrets on the B29

DX-SFX

Alphans
Yep. The kit is fortunately still available and cheap. The engine cowls from the same kit are on the redressed No.1 44" Eagle.

JD

Alphans
It's 1/72nd.

This kit is all over the models from UFO and Space:1999. Some of the gun-mounts, rectangular parts with a circular cut-out, are exactly 1" along one side, very useful for judging the size of the models. You can see them in the mid-section of the GSP4.

DX-SFX

Alphans
Not many people have sussed that the attitude thrusters on the large Hawk model are assembled B29 bombs with the rear ends cut off.

Franz Bolo

Alphans
DX-SFX said:
Not many people have sussed that the attitude thrusters on the large Hawk model are assembled B29 bombs with the rear ends cut off.

Are those the 4 things attached to the box?

FB

JD

Alphans
Is that what was on the model when it was filmed? Because they seem to have been knocked off and replaced some time in the last 30 years.

DX-SFX

Alphans
They looked original to me and since other B29 parts feature on the Hawk, it's not given me any cause to think twice. One or two nozzles have been replaced but I doubt if all of them have ever been lost.