Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Studio Scale UFO Interceptor

Sea Devil

Alphans
If you haven't already got decals for this model, I know RCNut has a set, maybe he can trade or let you know where you can get your own!

badsimmonds

Alphans
If you haven't already got decals for this model, I know RCNut has a set, maybe he can trade or let you know where you can get your own!

Many thanks for the info but I already obtained a set of decals from ISOshado in Italy a little while ago and I'm sticking them on now.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be posting the last photos of this build.

badsimmonds

Alphans
This is the last stage. I've been sticking the decals on which I obtained from isoshado in Italy. I have never know so many decals for one model before, its almost as if the person who stuck them on the original models didn't know when to stop. Personally I think there are too many.
The various red lines on this model have been done in vinyl self adhesive tape meant for cars. I dare not paint them on as that's asking for trouble.
There are also some silver lines at the rear and on the tail fin and these too are vinyl tape.
I did have some wide tapes which I just cut down to the desired width as it saves having to buy so many rolls of tape.
The two grills at the front were just black card with thin tape on them, nothing fancy. The cockpit had some black tape round the edges along with some silver up the middle. The silver tape is not shiny like chrome but the same finish as the paint I used. The one thing I don't like about the cockpit is that silly support right in front of the pilot, I'm sure some other support could have been created.
The four jet nozzles, two pointing forward and two pointing to the rear were bought from a dolls house shop. The two front ones were plastic cups and the two larger rear ones were metal pots. I just added wrapped a thin tape round them to add some ridges, then screwed or glued in place.
I drew panel lines using a pencil as I can rub them out if the pencil wandered.
I did dirty down the model using an airbrush as I do not like clean models as they just look like models if you know what I mean.
During this build I came across what is known as an 'Exhaust Whistler' which when fixed to your car exhaust makes it sound better. Any way the reason I mention it is part of it looks just like a rocket nozzle, its aluminium and about 30mm across. I came across it in a garden centre of all places though they are on ebay. I thought it may be useful to someone one day.

Attachments

• DSCF3001.JPG
    DSCF3001.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCF3098.JPG
    DSCF3098.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCF3101.JPG
    DSCF3101.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF3102.JPG
    DSCF3102.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCF3113.JPG
    DSCF3113.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCF3103.JPG
    DSCF3103.JPG
    113.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

badsimmonds

Alphans
Here are the final finish photos of my Interceptor. It took twelve weeks of cursing and hair pulling and there were times I thought of giving up.
Its not perfect but I'm happy I was able to produce something like this.
One thing I must add is without the excellent hi res pics posted here by Captain Sci Fi it would have been even more difficult to build this project.

Currently I'm back upgrading my R2 then after that.. who knows.

Attachments

• DSCN4283.JPG
    DSCN4283.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 108
  • DSCN4278.JPG
    DSCN4278.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN4276.JPG
    DSCN4276.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 48
  • DSCN4274.jpg
    DSCN4274.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN4273.JPG
    DSCN4273.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCN4269.JPG
    DSCN4269.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited:

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
Grrr....hate myself for saying this but needs weathering with some light grey Mig powders or graphite...it looks too "new".

badsimmonds

Alphans
Many thanks for all your comments.
It has been 'weathered' but it rarely shows on photos. All my models are airbrushed but the photos never show it, I think I'd have to paint it almost grey for it to show up. If you saw this model up front you would see that it is pretty dirty. Some people (I'm not one) think this particular vehicle should not be dirty but as you said models look like models if they are not weathered, just look at aircraft today they are pretty manky.

Last edited:

badsimmonds

Alphans
Hi there reticulan5
Many thanks for the kind comments, unfortunately I only ever build just one of anything. I started scratch building as it was the only way I could get the sort of models I always wanted.
I love studio scale and the three models I'm working on at the moment are perhaps slightly larger than studio scale, the only problem with large models is where do you put them.
Sorry I can't oblige with a model but perhaps there is someone on this forum who might help.
Again many thanks, its always nice to know somebody likes my work.
BS

Attachments

• DSCF3364a.JPG
    DSCF3364a.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 68
Just intercepted this thread....

badsimmonds, that is a truly wonderful Interceptor - the photos from various angles really do it justice. Only came to this thread late so haven't had a chance to wander along from the start. I see there's been a bit of discussion about weathering but, honestly, she looks just fine.

I'm very impressed, I really am. The Mobile and Sky 1 look great as well - what a trio!

Kindest regards

Patrick