Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Tardis by Airfix - Welcome Aboard

Liberator

Alphans
My recent build of the Dr's Tardis A very cool kit bought and built this for my daughter who is a Dr Who tragic! Im working on the figurs but man I suck at doing the faces, got the bodies together well started on the faces but have redone these 2-3 times now and still cant get the look right!

healvis

Alphans
That looks nice. What I did'nt like about the new TARDIS was the newness of it. The older TARDIS always looked very used. Is their anyway to angle some mirrors inside to give the illusion of more space?

Liberator

Alphans
Very nice...what paint colour did you use for the outside ?

Hey w8cmp, I was going to be a smart arse and say blue, but that wouldnt have been funny. I used a tamia acrylic flat blue XF-8. I painted the Tardis an under coat of white and then the Tamia blue. It looked too toylike so I added a few drops of tamia white to the blue and went over the tardis with a light misiting. (all airbrush and still learning) I also dont like the look the new Matt Smith Tardis, needs to have a beat up look. So I took too the Tardis with some diffeent grades of sandpaper to roughen it up a little. Its a great kit. Most of the work goes into the interior, the actual box was simple. The floor I scribed the brick like effect, that took hours and then the painitng to make it look real. The instructions suggested herringbone pattern - that lasted about 6 seconds. When I get the two figures completed I'll post pics of them as well. great kit, if you love the Dr get it!

copernicus

Alphans
I built one o these when they first came out and in fact I have a second unopened one in my stash. The one thing I dont like about it, is the fit of the roof. If you want to be able to change the batteries at some stage you cannot glue it in place.