Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Ads on this site are ridiculous now

I've been looking through various threads on here [ including this one ] and the amount of ads that have appeared over the past few weeks is beyond a joke. Even though I've closed one after another they soon pop back up and I can't even find some threads [ not to mention how many people seem to have disappeared from here ]. It's like someone's trying to deliberately wreck this site.

KevinD

Alphans
I agree, recently the ads have become so intrusive they genuinely do prevent navigation to some threads. It is not the case with many other forums and it didn't used to be the case here either.

Dorzac

Alphans
What Ads are you talkin about!? I've always used an Ad Blocker with my browser for this site (Edge) and don't have any issues. Or do you mean the Spambots or whatever they are advertising stuff by posting in threads? Like the packaging ones recently?

KevinD

Alphans
In my case, I mean the pop up ads, they are huge and constant and make browsing on your phone problematic.

In my case, I mean the pop up ads, they are huge and constant and make browsing on your phone problematic.

What Ads are you talkin about!? I've always used an Ad Blocker with my browser for this site (Edge) and don't have any issues. Or do you mean the Spambots or whatever they are advertising stuff by posting in threads? Like the packaging ones recently?

As Kevin says. They're in between threads and peoples posts even covering over some of them sp they can't be seen. As for ad blockers I never used to have any need of them on here so I'm wondering why this site's gone like it very recently? And I've used ad blockers before but they've caused other problems. There shouldn't be ads like that on a site like this. You don't get them for instance over on starshipmodeler.

Dorzac

Alphans
I did try disabling my ad blocker on both my PC and Android Tablet and viewing the site, but I must say I didnt really see much difference, except some of the forum sections had blank spaces between them. Maybe its more problematic on phones ... have you tried an alternate browser?

KevinD

Alphans
My phone's Samsung browser and Google Chrome both give the same infuriatingly problematic results.

I did try disabling my ad blocker on both my PC and Android Tablet and viewing the site, but I must say I didnt really see much difference, except some of the forum sections had blank spaces between them. Maybe its more problematic on phones ... have you tried an alternate browser?

Haven't tried an alternative browser no and I'm accessing from a laptop not a phone. I don't really want to at the moment in case it causes a problem with my existing set up. Again it's only recently these ads have been a problem so I don't know whether something's been altered on here?

MangaMax

Alphans
Don't know why, but all of a sudden i've got adverts everywhere - even in the scroll down of each topic, there's an advert between the title and the rest of the thread. Seriously thinking now of giving up on this site. I don't need all this crap (literally) to wade through to get through to the meagre new stuff that's of interest.

tazman2000

Alphans
I can't remember, but is there some sort of verification when joining this site or can any spammer do it? Other sites with more of a following and regular posts don't seem to have that problem. How about a monitored probation on postings where the first few don't make it to the forum without checking to see if they are relevant or not?

I'd hate to see this forum die, but spam and overly advertised sites make me want to visit less.

TazMan2000