Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Anderson Fonts Thread

TVC21

Alphans
Here`s a close up of the cap badge, I`d love to know what they used.....oh and thanks for the heads up on the frame grap software Mike, brilliant tool

Mike Delamar

Alphans
no probs mate

information is for sharing:D

are you sure that the I R on the hats isnt stitched? I know that doesnt answer the question of the font mind you

the style of that lettering, silver on black, seems so 1960s, lots of old pictures Ive seen of main line railway stations and adverts/billboards of the time, buildings etc, seem to have that style

Mike

MkIXHawk

Alphans
of course, on a different model the Eurostile font was used.

I've just ascertained that the font used for the Thunderbirds Episode captions was Grotesque No 9

DX-SFX

Alphans
The smaller sized Skydiver had what looked like Eurostile on it originally but they apparently went back and replaced it with Microgramma to match the bigger one. The B+W shots kicking around show Eurostile but the profile photos of the same model show Microgramma probably because the Eurostile wasn't bold enough to show up on camera. TB2 syndrome repeating itself no doubt.

Alternate Thunderbird 1 font?

Oh mighty oracle (or oracles) of fonts: what font was used on the large-ish (?) TB 1 which is filmed by Ned Cook in "Terror in New York City"? Its lettering is much bolder and blockier than the launch sequence model's. Also, in top view of the same model "THUNDERBIRD" stops well short of the tapered section which widens out to the blue cylindrical aft portion of the fuselage -see it here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030325010628/www.crc.paragould.ar.us/~adam/fab/TB/tb1g.jpg

Captainplaid

Alphans
No they`re not stiched, they`re like sticky back metalised letters.

Well first of all this thread like so many other's that came before is just amazing. A project to begin soon is a re-engineering/tweeking of a rare old Japanese kit. It's a 23 - 24 inch TB1 and thanks be to you kind folk's? With your amazing keen eye's for details i now at least know what the font is for the project? I'll be able to find someone with an ALps printer and scale up the lettering ince the project is done.

As your question Chris which is a great one i too hope we someday stumble upon it. I wish our Phil was doing okay and here among us? As when he redressed his original TB6 Alan in his newly made blues he used a chrome vinyl?
Mike

DX-SFX

Alphans
Oh mighty oracle (or oracles) of fonts: what font was used on the large-ish (?) TB 1 which is filmed by Ned Cook in "Terror in New York City"? Its lettering is much bolder and blockier than the launch sequence model's. Also, in top view of the same model "THUNDERBIRD" stops well short of the tapered section which widens out to the blue cylindrical aft portion of the fuselage -see it here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20030325010628/www.crc.paragould.ar.us/~adam/fab/TB/tb1g.jpg

95% certain it's 'Annonce Grotesque'.

Pro Mod

Forum Supporter
If anyone wants any scans from my dear old Letraset catalogue I'll be happy to help.

Virtually all these fonts are still available to purchase as downloads, meaning that they can be incorporated into a graphics package such as CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator.

Using this method you'd be able to print your own decals, have bespoke Letraset produced (if you've got deep pockets) or depending on size (nothing smaller than 8mm tall) have them computer cut from self adhesive vinyl.

If anyone needs any of these services drop me a pm.