Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Anderson Fonts Thread

dazzo

Alphans
Can anybody reccomend the best site to buy and download fonts from?,im cleaning up the Product Enterprise Mobiles,thanks.

Interceptor6

Alphans
Can anybody reccomend the best site to buy and download fonts from?,im cleaning up the Product Enterprise Mobiles,thanks.

Ditto, Dazzo! I've got 4 Dinky Mobiles needing lettering, and want them to match. I didn't see the font for the mobiles in this thread, but as a newbie here, it'll take me a while to catch up on the wealth of information you guys have assembled!:wtf:
Cheers, I6

elliotpav

Alphans
If you mean the font used for the logo, opening titles & episode titles - Futura Display.
Closing titles was either Microgramma D Medium Extended or Eurostile Extended #2.

Isnt this UFO? Joe 90 is different to this one. Ive been looking for Joe 90 for ages and ages! I have the UFO ones and Joe 90 is all I need now.

fab1

Alphans
The IR badge was stuck to the cap. I have one of John's caps and you can trace the design from the imprint of the badge. My cap is from one of the films and looking at close up pictures the badge has a slight curve which suggests it was punched out. It has been suggested punched out in thin copper then chromed. I am sure somebody has seen held or owns one of the caps with a badge on......................

Meritamis

Alphans
Stingray and Fireball XL5

Well in actual fact, I couldn't find the actual fonts themselves. But a fan has designed the font's that are downloadable.

Anderson Stingray

Anderson Fireball XL5

fab1

Alphans

Original Thunderbird cap, hope this of interest. Its from the big Thunderbird auction and from one or both of the films. The fabric is silk jersey and sadly I dont have the badge but the imprint of the letters is clearly visible.

Apologies for delay in posting pic but just worked out the system!

Great site by the way.....

Graham

Last edited:

Peter

Alphans
Hi Fab1, your puppet looks great. Did you make it yourself, by any chance?

Last edited:

fab1

Alphans
Peter
No, the puppet was made by Barry Davies, it is a fully working puppet and is the display stand for the original cap.
Is the Scott yours?
Graham

Peter

Alphans
Graham,
It's all very impressive, you must be very pleased with it.
PM sent. Peter.

Last edited:

macdawson

Alphans
I know Terrahawks isn't the most beloved of Gerry Anderson's series but it's a personal favorite, right after Space:1999, and yes, ahead of Thunderbirds. (Don't stone me just yetXD). Still i was wondering if anyone knows what font was used in the credits. In the DVD extras there's a featurette about the making of the opening and closing credits and a couple of other stuff Kevin Davies was in charge of making in the show. He identifies the font as SPECTRUM. But not only is that a bit unspecific, all the fonts i've found with that name don't match. Please, HELP ME! :D

forza27

Alphans
To anyone interested, i have just bought a CD offofa ebay with 80,000 fonts (no duplcates) for £4.49. It has lots of compacta, grotesque,Futura etc and is well worth the price. PM me for details of seller if needed. Otherwise description is: 80,259 True Type & Type1 Graphics Fonts PC & Mac on DVD

The seller is a good chap and helped me to use it!

Happy Shopping

tryptych

Alphans
A few tips

Hi, I'm a graphic designer, so I have a somewhat better knowledge of fonts and typefaces than most here. One must bear in mind that the Anderson modellers were very limited for choice simply because they only had Letraset transfer lettering (and possibly Meccanorma, a rival French company).

I would agree that both Futura and Compacta, (and possibly its cousin, Impact) were used extensively, along with Helvetica, Univers and Folio.

Later shows, notably Captain Scarlet and Joe 90 used a lot of Eurostile and Microgramma (Often used in the title sequences)

It is worth also noting that all these typefaces were by established design houses, long before the days of independent designers and computer fonts.

If anybody has any enquiries in his area, feel free to contact me, (I also have over 200,000 fonts, many "official" ones included.)

All the best,
Rob