Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Anderson Fonts Thread

dukedexter

Alphans
I know Terrahawks isn't the most beloved of Gerry Anderson's series but it's a personal favorite, right after Space:1999, and yes, ahead of Thunderbirds. (Don't stone me just yetXD). Still i was wondering if anyone knows what font was used in the credits. In the DVD extras there's a featurette about the making of the opening and closing credits and a couple of other stuff Kevin Davies was in charge of making in the show. He identifies the font as SPECTRUM. But not only is that a bit unspecific, all the fonts i've found with that name don't match. Please, HELP ME! :D

Many years ago I had a Letraset catalogue and the Spectrum font used in Terrahawks was in it. That would be good place to start :)

Pro Mod

Forum Supporter
Very useful information Rob.
Chartpak dry transfers were also available around that time - but they didn't have as large a range as Letraset.

Slate Mcleod

Alphans
Thanks Rob - I am sure your skills will come in very useful! Wow just realised that when I first created this thread EIGHT years ago had no idea it would still be alive and well and had over 25,000 views!!!! Nothing I have ever written has that many views - closest I got to publication was being mentioned in an issue of SF&FM in 2005 lol.

miger1

Alphans
Anyone know what the font is for the flat top number 3 on Stingray please?
'Harlow solid' is similar, but not quite right.

Last edited: