Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Beta Cloud - biggest plot hole of all

tim

Alphans
No wondering required. Fraser is a gentlemen - and, he's married!

Except his wife appears only in one episode, The Metamorph. After that, she is never heard from again. If you didn't see The Metamorph, you would think he was single.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
...But, Ever The Gentleman!

Somebody really dropped the ball on that; would've been interesting to see - the Frasers picking up essentially where the Zorefs left off.

One reason Force of Life remains amongst my favorite episodes! :wub:

Hi there Cupidsrose.....

Hi Cupidsrose, good to see your first post. I joined at the end of last year, never regretted it, and there are many FANTASTIC people for you to meet.....

Good luck and kindest regards

Patrick

VTracy

Alphans
Well, as you all know, I'm a big supporter of season 2! I've never understood the mockery of it. If we are sci-fi fans, isn't more interesting to come up with legitimate, scientific reasons for the "plot holes", so they aren't holes anymore??

1) Perhaps the BC's are a race similar to the pilot of ST TOS. Maybe they have big brains, but there bodies are weak. Maybe they have just begun to build these robots, and they only have a few of them, and trust one to do the job.

2) maybe they are an advanced race that has suffered an apocalypse of some sort, like earth in "Journey to Where", with a technology to transport alphans across the galaxy, but unable to fix their home planet. Possibly desperate for new technology. After all tech piracy is common here, why not out there?

3) Maybe the BC's are like a viking race. Traveling through space, pillaging and plundering, The alphans would seemingly be an easy target. And targeting one item isn't unheard of, I remember one episode of BG TOS where Adama wanted to raid the Cylons only for fuel, then make a getaway.

I'm sure there are many other legitimate reasons others can think of. I think this make it more enjoyable and keeps things positive for my fav show:thumbup:

johnnybear

Alphans
Maybe the cloud world had been surviving on borrowed time for many years. They must have scanned Alpha before it came into range and then learned of the life support system. Then when an eagle lands they could have learnt even more from the mind of astronaut Tom Graham! They probably only had the one robot left and during the battle their resources finally gave out and they died. Imagine if the robot had of won and got back to the cloud to find it's masters already dead! Both societies would have perished!
JB

VTracy

Alphans
Maybe the cloud world had been surviving on borrowed time for many years. They must have scanned Alpha before it came into range and then learned of the life support system. Then when an eagle lands they could have learnt even more from the mind of astronaut Tom Graham! They probably only had the one robot left and during the battle their resources finally gave out and they died. Imagine if the robot had of won and got back to the cloud to find it's masters already dead! Both societies would have perished!
JB

Great points! This episode gets a lot of flack. But it really is a fast paced show. Tony should get a lot criticism for security work though. Why doesn't he retract the boarding tube when they find the creature in the eagle? Also, you would think he would give the vacuum chamber more time. After all, the visitor can do no harm in there.

johnnybear

Alphans
If Tony hadn't of opened the vacuum chamber then the monster would have been in there forever! It obviously had some limitations and couldn't break out of the room on it's own! I wonder if the Cloud would have perished could the robot still function a few days later?
JB