Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Doctor Who/Space: 1999 connection.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
It (Still) Don't Come Easy...Or, Hold The Jelly!

Also, the second Cyberman story is called "The Moonbase". Whilst the base featured isn't quite as lavish as Alpha - it looks like a jelly mould and colander turned upside down!

:hungry: Also recall a little series called Moonbase Three; also Star Cops (which I liked, song and all), which during the series run came to base itself upon the Moon. To each their own!

(Guess I should start thinking about lunch, hmm? ;))

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Guys!
Just thought you should mention my old friend-Martin Bower-on this thread.He designed and built over 50 spacecraft for 'Space 1999',and created the Cyberman props and weapons for Dr. Who's 'Earthshock' episodes.
Cheers, Bill.

johnnybear

Alphans
There were more shots from 1999 in Doctor Who's The Leisure Hive made in 1980 but I'm not sure at this time what it was! :)
JB

johnnybear

Alphans
In Nightmare of Eden clips from A Matter of Life and Death are seen while in The Leisure Hive the surface and destruction of Piri can been seen!
JB

johnnybear

Alphans
There has been a moonbase in at least three Doctor Who stories! The Moonbase and The Seeds of Death in The Troughton era and Frontier in Space for The Pertwee time!
JB