Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Future Was Fantastic

dazzo

Alphans
Does anyone remember a video that was being made a few years ago by Jeff Smart mainly about the Anderson Supermarionation shows?

Dave

Alphans
Yes, but nothing ever came of it.

It looked like it could have been very interesting.

paulcarson

Alphans
I thought that I hadn't imagined it. I was looking forward to seeing this and its a shame that it has never seen the light of day. Does anyone know Jeff ? We could prod him to release something ?

I don't know. I first heard about it many years ago at Cult TV, I convention I went to, where Jeff was one of the guests. He was distributing sheets with info on what he was aiming to do with this project, and using them to collect people's contact information so he could let them know when it was finished and ask for orders. He was obviously also using the number of sets of details he got back to judge how much interest there was in the project.

The year after, I asked him how it was coming along and got a very positive sounding reply. The next year he was just finishing up a few bits, but had decided that, on new information received, he would have to re-do a section.
The year after he was still just finishing it up as he had been forced to do other things to bring in money - and I'm sure we all know what that is like!

I did not see him at the event after that, and indeed the event itself has now folded. Despite giving jeff my (then) current email address, physical address, phone number, I have never heard anything back from him, and now doubt I ever will.

I am not saying he never intended to produce this video/DVD, and I would love to see it in the light of day, but I am not holding my breath!

I helped out very early on when Jeff was setting this up, took him round various locations, gave him contact details for useful people, and got fu.. very little thanks in return. Don't know why I bothered ! I think some of the material was used for a documentary about Derek Meddings that turned up on the A and E Supercar DVD release, but otherwise it seems to have disappeared without trace.

saturnapollo

Alphans
I remember putting my name down on some sort of list, to be notified when the video was produced, but long since gave up on it.

On a vaguely related topic, I see the Fanderson web site has had a total make-over.

Keith

paul gray

Forum Supporter
On a vaguely related topic, I see the Fanderson web site has had a total make-over.
as you say Keith ,it's all very different. a lot smarter than the old site which was looking rather tired. a big improvement
cheers Paul

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Apparently it is still being worked on, although it would seem it is being worked on very very very slowly.

I had a visit from Stephen Brown From Fanderson yesterday morning to bring me more sales stock, I was transferring some Fanderson convention video footage from VHS to DVD at the time and we watched a small part part of it. Jeff Smart was on one of the clips, and I asked Steve if he had heard anything about the project and the answer I got was is still being done although extremely slowly.

Bishop

Alphans
Perhaps he should get a riggle on or it will have to be renamed "the far distant past was fantastic"

Jon Lewis

Alphans
I had posted an inquiery about TFWF and now I see MANY of you have done so as well! I'm glad to see that there are others out there who also would like to see this documentry! From what I know about thos project, TONS of footage have been shot (thanks Marc Martain) but the project was never finished.

Maybe one day...

paulcarson

Alphans
Time to revive this old chestnut. With the Fanderson convention not far away , I was wondering if any of the attendees here could perhaps enquire about any of the footage or if there are plans to release it at any point in the future ? Worth a shot ?

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Refer back to my previous reply about 6 posts up, as far as I am aware that is still the current situation.

sigspace

Alphans
Thanks for the heads up on the site, I have never been to it before. I was thrilled to see that Strakers car has finally been photographed. There was also a mention that it has been rescued for restoration. Is this right??? I really hope it is. Does anyone know its status now?
Sigspace