Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Man from MI5, Boats

Mike Delamar

Alphans
this really nice behind the scenes photo got me searching for the boats in it, I knew theyd be kits or toys, the one on the left with shark fish written on it has a distintive shape so I got searching, I was sure id seen it before..

after a while I found one, and have just won it on ebay, bit battered, roof warped, which from what Ive researched is typical of them, made by triang scalex and I have seen them at toy fairs before.

they had at least 3 of them, one painted blue with shark fish letraset, one standard brown and white can see them either side of shot at the begining of The duchess assignment.

and in the man from mi5

and...
whats even better, is that it is the basis of Carl the villains boat, something I always liked was the shots of it entering the boat house. the hull line seems to be the same,as is the roof and the front windows I think are airfix girder bridge base, has ripmax handrails and windows on it,

so may convert it to this, another one to the collection :) go nice alongside the hydrofoil boat too, I like it as the Shark fish too but its not really ever seen.

Brian Johncock/Johnson with the 2 boats...

and the boat being filmed..

Mike

Last edited:

Mike Delamar

Alphans
the one the model maker is holding is Bondsons boat from the begining of the episode, not sure on that yet may be another scalex boat as they did a few different versions,or keil kraft, the yachts I think are scalex too..

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
2 of the scalex boats next to fab 2, theres a great shot of model maker Peter Aston working on fab 2 in Derek Meddings 20th century visions book and it looks an impressive size.

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
thanks Ed

always liked the monaco scenes, really nice and realistic looking.

heres some more grabs.

and from the behind the scenes documentary.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
shot of my 2 together..

as said above, the roof is warped, but something a little hot water shouldnt sort out.

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
just noticed the 2 shots of Brian johnson are actually different shots, the boats are in different positions.
would love to see a higher res shot of either if anyone has any

cheers

Mike

Mike Delamar

Alphans
the boat which is in centre of shot in the opening shot of the man from mi5 (first pic above) is this one which appears in a few episodes of Stingray. looks scratchbuilt on a kit hull.

LeeXi

Alphans
Mike Delamar - I've seen the boat in Big Fish. It's only seen for a few seconds. Black and red hull with a 'white' upper. The roof is fitted with something that looks like a big searchlight.

Mike Delamar

Alphans
sure is Lee

the other boat is the one from Stingray, also one of the fire engine ladders is in the background

I havent watched this episode for ages, some really nice effects in it.

Mike