Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The new Dalek

DX-SFX

Alphans
You'll never guess what I've just been hired to build. Yes, four of them. I've spent two days measuring and photographing the red one on loan from the production.

Steve Gerard

Alphans
You'll never guess what I've just been hired to build. Yes, four of them. I've spent two days measuring and photographing the red one on loan from the production.

DX-SFX, congratulations.:clap: Your are now the ETF member on the inside of new Doctor Who.:thumbup:

Last edited:

DX-SFX

Alphans
Colours haven't been finalised yet. Weren't the movie Daleks similar bright colours? I thought red was a squadron leader?

johnnybear

Alphans
There wasn't a Red Dalek in the original TV Series! One did appear in the movies as you said but it wasn't until David Tennant's Journey's End that we finally got to see a Red Dalek,this time as the new Dalek Supreme...
JB:D

DX-SFX

Alphans
Pretty certain that's a no as at least one has to be built to do a certain thing but I'm not at liberty to divulge what without getting into trouble.

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Sounds pretty cool DX, any further information would be good as and when you are allowed to divulge it.

MkIXHawk

Alphans
Pretty certain that's a no as at least one has to be built to do a certain thing but I'm not at liberty to divulge what without getting into trouble.

Admit it: it's designed to open up to reveal The Stig in a themed edition of Top Gear isn't it?;)

simmo

Alphans
that'll need go faster stripes then, screamin ACCELERATE ! ACCELERATE!, sorry DX , could't resist, great news with the job. very envious
Admit it: it's designed to open up to reveal The Stig in a themed edition of Top Gear isn't it?;)

pjskeldon

Alphans
...at least one has to be built to do a certain thing but I'm not at liberty to divulge what without getting into trouble.

Umm, let's guess...is it:

1) Sink plunger arm replaced by scissors to open supermarkets
2) Back hatch lowers down like the TB2 pod to allow mini-Daleks to emerge
3) Dome/neck can be lowered so Daleks can go through small doors
4) Balls can be fired off like cannon, bouncing round to stun enemies and then returning to their docking hole
5) Sucker arm can bend upwards sharply to meet dome, accompanied by Nick Briggs shouting 'D'oh!'
6) Some form of stealth technology casing allowing camouflage

...oh no, I think it's behind me.

Better go.

Phil.

paulcarson

Alphans
That's pretty cool Chris ! I'm a big fan of the new design and was hoping to see one of these at the exhibition in Newcastle . If you're allowed to share any photographs I'd love to see them !

DX-SFX

Alphans
The design has been seen so I can post a few photos of the complete thing but please be aware I'm not at liberty to post more than that at this time as I must respect and put the productions interests first.

Last edited:

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
New Dalek

At least they are looking at keeping up the quality if Chris is involved and that is only ever a good thing.

I honestly believe they are taking Dr. Who to the next level, I also think that another movie would be a nice replacement for James Bond franchise and would pull the Harry potter audience too. :D

The Geeks shall inherit the earth.

Most exciting.. :yes:

Cap'n

TonyB

Forum Supporter
The design has been seen so I can post a few photos of the complete thing but please be aware I'm not at liberty to post more than that at this time as I must respect and put the productions interests first.

Totally understandable, any tidbit as and when will do very nicely thank you. :)