Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

The Return of Major Matt Mason ?

thundergod

Alphans
I was browsing through pictures from this years San Diego Comic Con and found these shots from a Mattel display .

Does this mean Mattel plan on re-releasing the line ? :O
Or are they just displaying a 40 year old product ?? :-/

techno

Alphans
it would be Too Cool if Mattel Revived Major Matt Mason! i had that Line when i was a Kid! it Would be Cool to see that! have Any of You Noticed that the Suits & Helmets Look Similar to Space:1999 Suits & Helmets? Stay Cool. Dan

Transporter

Alphans
For those of you who did not know:

- A MMM movie starring Tom Hanks is planned. He is well known for being an MMM fan since childhood (like me ;)).

- For some scenes of Space 1999 Major Matt Mason figures were "borrowed":

Lrl

Alphans
Love Matt Mason, nice to see others remember him too, I restored one and have him on display, but rare is the person that recognises him.

T.F.U.

Alphans
i had major matt mason as a kid and it was part of what kicked me off into science fiction. Ive just managed to get hold of the Major, sgt storm and doug davis in various states of damage. I plan to rewire them, repaint and am toying with different flags for different figures ( union flag for the sgt and russian for Davis) the last one Jeff long is about as easy to find as hens teeth at a reasonable price - i shall continue looking.

Transporter

Alphans
I am looking since several months for a Sgt. Storm but for a realistic price it seems to be nearly impossible to get one. To have one sent to CH, the figure and the shipping easily exceed 100$... and the prices are rising. This is just too much.

T.F.U.

Alphans
so rar

Okay chaps,
this is where i am so far. All figures rewired, repainted and set on actylic bases. I could not sourse a Jeff Long so i took a leaf out of Mattels book and repainted a Matt, he is a little darker in skin tone than the original. Ive added the metal cuff locks as the prototypes were to have and the dots for Davis and Long to keep the continuity. The severed head is for a female astronaut in green when i can get a donor body for her.

Attachments

• Photo0157.jpg
    Photo0157.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Photo0159.jpg
    Photo0159.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo0160.jpg
    Photo0160.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Photo0161.jpg
    Photo0161.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo0163.jpg
    Photo0163.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Photo0164.jpg
    Photo0164.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 14

Lrl

Alphans
My Major says howdy, really feel he's overdue for a promotion, his career sort of froze in the '70s.