Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

This years' 'ALIEN' Haunt.

Ham Salad

Alphans
For the charity haunt this year, the big chap and the face hugger are on pneumatic rigs so they jump out at you.

Attachments

• alien set haunt 2018 small.jpg
    alien set haunt 2018 small.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Ham Salad

Alphans
I can see an egg - is the big chap behind the black plastic curtaining?

Nope: that's the exit, which I couldn't do anything with as it was part of the actual structure of the haunt. the plastic ribbons are there to separate My alien area from the next one (which, by the way, was the cannibal cafe: a 50's diner with lots of food made from 'long pig'.)

Bear in mind, when the haunt is in operation there's no lights on except the blue backlights from behind the walls, and the red emergency beacon, so you cant' really see the exit except as a black opening framed by the airlock bulkhead.

The big chap pops out of the alcove created by the false wall which is in front of the biggest egg. He jumps out to block your way as you try to exit.

Attachments

• alien haunt 2018 monster out small.jpg
    alien haunt 2018 monster out small.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Ham Salad

Alphans
Here, perhaps this will give you a better idea: this is with the operational lighting and smoke..but this is from a side angle, at 90 degrees to the last shots. At the lower left corner, you can just spot the corner of the communications console (with lit buttons) and the big egg on the left. You can also see the the edge of the false wall that the big chap jumps out from behind.

Attachments

• alien haunt 2018 side dark small.jpg
    alien haunt 2018 side dark small.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 12

skiffy

Alphans
Thanks Ham - that looks amazing! I never visited the 'Alien Experience' when that was a thing over here back in the nineties (UK) but I imagine this to be a similar experience.

Haunts aren't common here yet but I think it's just a matter of time. :)

Ham Salad

Alphans
Well, I guess it's just an issue of having the time , resources, and inclination. As I'm retired, I have plenty of time and resources...the only issue in my case is working up the enthusiasm for doing a lot of hard work myself. As I dont' really have any friends anymore, it's kinda hard to get motivated to do stuff like this.

Most people who to do this 'haunt' their own homes...there's even a local club that holds workshops and how to sessions, some of which are really elaborate (how to build pneumatic rigs, realistic dead bodies, etc.).

However in my case, I live in a area with a bad reputation for crime, so I dont' do this because I don't want to draw the wrong kind of attention to my house.

Doing the charity haunt lets' me have the fun of building a set (witch I never did when I worked on movies), with the added benefit that they usually do a reimbursement for expenses at the end of the season.

I'd like to do a better big chap, but unfortunately I'm a prop guy, not a rubber guy...so I'd have to find somebody that sells suit parts reasonably to do a better one. The makeup guy I used to work with helped me build this one, but now he's gone blind so he's not much help and can't help finish it out.

Last edited:

skiffy

Alphans
Best of luck with this, Ham. I do a lot of charity work myself and have a disabled son so I applaud you for that.

Take lots of pics!

Ham Salad

Alphans
ALIEN SET

I just today finished the 'bulkhead" corridor partition for the ALIEN SHIP CORRIDOR set I've been assembling in a purpose built enclosure next to my shop.

The corridor is 16' long, grubby looking 'engineering deck' corridor section.

Just added the graphics today ( created with original graphics from the movie 'alien' pus a few additions by myself) printed onto thin plastic, and attached with contact adhesive. I still need to weather the graphics a bit, to match the airbrush and wash weathering on the bulkhead, but that can wait until the glue dries. When added to the existing set, it should look pretty convincing. The hardest part was duplicating 'giant model parts' to match the existing miniature set: since I wanted the same 'feel' of the Nostomo set, I copied the details in the reveals in the door pretty exactly.

Attachments

• airlock bulkhead small.jpg
    airlock bulkhead small.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Ham Salad

Alphans
I also built an 'armature' to mount the 'big chap' suit on which is still unfinshed, as it's missing the feet and tail. I never got the delivery of a promised tail. anyone know anyone selling alien monster tails, hands and feet?

I had a deal where I traded with a rubber guy, I did my part but he's yet to provide the promised castings to finish the big chap...

Attachments

• alien armature small.jpg
    alien armature small.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 5