Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Thunderbird 2 Pod

Bishop

Alphans
Its very impressive, a great build. :clap: Now you'll have to make some more vehicles for the pod :D

astrocat

Alphans
It looks like a lot of the parts they used originally weren't even painted - they were just stuck on!

I'm guessing here, but the red 'dozer blade on the back wall (I knocked mine up out of sheet plastic) I recon came off the toy that was the donor for the Mole's side tracks (whatever that was)! It just makes sense that they would have not thrown any parts away if possible.

Great Pod build Dave!

Thought this might be of interest to you :)

It's the 'Baby Bulldozer' made by Marx - battery operated, and about 7 inches long. It's also used on the Transmitter Truck (below). The tracks aren't the Mole ones though, I'm afraid....

Keith

paul gray

Forum Supporter
nice one Keith . it looks like the engine block goes in the middle of the wheel section. gotta find me one of those now and build a transmitter truck.
cheers Paul

Bishop

Alphans
The answer to the question. It never ceases to amaze me where they get the bits from. Great spotting

astrocat

Alphans
found what appears to be a version of the bulldozer ,but with a different engine block
cheers Paul
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/rare-BULLDOZER_W0QQitemZ320176693183QQihZ011QQcategoryZ120283QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Interesting Paul - I've not seen that one before....
It look like it's a different one from the Marx toy to me - the Exhaust and air filter are in different positions, and there are controls next to the driver that aren't on the Baby Bulldozer (although it could just have been retooled and updated). Also, if the box illustration is to be believed it looks like the engine block lights up! Odd........
It is very similar though.

saturnapollo

Alphans
Not sure that particular pod is fairly standard. Because the Transmitter truck was so large I think they had to build a bigger pod to accommodate it and therefore it might have been a one off.

Keith

Mike Delamar

Alphans
definatley agree that its different and that the details differ from episode to episode, I think this will be the same size as the "Pit of Peril" episode, the vickors tractor tracked vehicles giving the scale away,

BTW whats the curved fuselage pieces from? they look familiar but I cant put my finger on it, Looks like meccanno or something

cheers

Mike

saturnapollo

Alphans
Having built both the Mole and the Transmitter truck based on the same chassis, the pods will not be the same one as the Mole is signficantly lower in height and it barely got through the pod door.

Keith

Mike Delamar

Alphans
yeah remember it hitting the top of the pod as it comes out in that episode, I remember when I was a kid my dad would always point that out:lol:

could they have not just cut the door open a bit bigger on the transmitter truck one? and thats why it doesnt have the 2 flashing lights above the door?

as the curved fuselage pieces are the same on both

Mike