Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Thunderbird 3 insignia - how many sides?

Paul Lloyd

Alphans
I'm making a not-very accurate CGI Thunderbird 3 (1960s series). But I can't figure out how many sides of TB3 the big "Thunderbird" lettering appears on. In some shots it seems to be just one sector; others two. And logically you might think it was on all three sectors.
Was it different on different miniatures?
Any pointers?
Thanks!

It changes from shot to shot! I would go with all sides. Here are a variety of models from a 'typical' launch. The big picture is 3 images stitched together from a tilt up the largest model. Note how the font and which way the white 3 is orientated changed.

Jim

Attachments

• tb3 0_stitch.jpg
    tb3 0_stitch.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 34
  • tb3 10.jpg
    tb3 10.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 30
  • tb3 9.jpg
    tb3 9.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 27
  • tb3 8.jpg
    tb3 8.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 36
  • tb3 7.jpg
    tb3 7.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 38
  • tb3 6.jpg
    tb3 6.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 29
  • tb3 5.jpg
    tb3 5.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

saturnapollo

Alphans
Pretty sure the 3's were in different orientations so that whichever way the model was filmed the one facing the camera would be the right way round.

Keith

Screen caps from 'Thunderbirds Are Go'. In the movie version there are 3 different sides. One has the 3 facing up, one is blank, and the final side has the 3 facing down.

Is the 'Thunderbird' down the side on all three sides? It's definitely on the side without a number in this case...

Jim

Attachments

• Capture 0.jpg
    Capture 0.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Capture 1.jpg
    Capture 1.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 27
  • Capture 2.jpg
    Capture 2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Capture 4.jpg
    Capture 4.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Pretty sure the 3's were in different orientations so that whichever way the model was filmed the one facing the camera would be the right way round.

Keith

How's about I help make it simple for you,"Yes"there are 3 No.3's placed
in different positions on Thunderbird 3's hull.One facing upward on the left
side and another facing upwards on the right side as seen on tv as TB-3
travels through space,and the 3rd 3 is placed in the upward position as
TB-3 is in the launching position in her launch bay.