Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Thunderbird 4

Dave

Alphans
Haven't had much time to spend on this (plus the weather's been too good!).

However, did a bit. Wasn't too happy with the 'exhausts', as they were too thick, so made a smaller tube to fit the ribbed section around that goes inside the larger pipe.
Did a bit more sanding and filling (still loads to do). The canopy was a first test before I attempt the finished version.

Dave

Alphans
It's been ages since I've done any modelling. Work has taken me away for most of the time for the last year +. Actually working on real spacecraft - can't say too much about this at the mo!

Anyhoo, had a bit of a burst of interest, so blew the cobwebs off TB4 and spent some time on it. Mainly filling, sanding and made a new canopy. Intending to keep the momentum going (when I'm not away working).

boatshewsd2

Alphans
It's Little Birdie Time!

Good seeing you back, Dave - keep us all in the picture(s), when you can! :pics:

It's been ages since I've done any modelling. Work has taken me away for most of the time for the last year +. Actually working on real spacecraft - can't say too much about this at the mo!

Anyhoo, had a bit of a burst of interest, so blew the cobwebs off TB4 and spent some time on it. Mainly filling, sanding and made a new canopy. Intending to keep the momentum going (when I'm not away working).

Definitely NOT sub-standard.....

Great to see an update on your TB4 Dave - I take my hat off to anybody attempting all those curves and intakes / outlets. Appreciate that you cannot always spend as much time as you would wish on this great-looking project but, be assured, I will be looking forward to seeing more photographs, as and when you're able to post some updates.

Kindest regards

Patrick

Dave

Alphans
It's been years since I've done any model building. I last tried getting back into it by building Thunderbird 4, however, other things tended to take over. However, a couple of weekends ago, clearing out my garage and having a good old tidy up, I happened across a dusty old box which contained the bits of the model that I had started all those years ago. "why didn't I ever finish this thing?" I thought. So, armed with filler, paint and other bits and pieces, I cracked on and finished her off:
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=503081439291&album_id=5881046875
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=503081440310&album_id=5881046875
https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=503081439372&album_id=5881046875

Dave

Alphans
I was afraid that would happen... Tried using Photobucket, but it wouldn't let me upload anything.
Any ideas on best way to share photos Kevin?

KevinD

Alphans
I use the attachment option in the "post reply" bit. It doesn't seem to be there on the "post quick reply" bit.

boatshewsd2

Alphans
Picture-Perfect!

Good seeing you and our favorite Little Birdie back on these pages! :yes:

Looks like she's been a pretty busy birdie, too! :dance:

Captainplaid

Alphans
Wowwwww Dave what an awesome job all the fine details and perfect amount of weathering a project to be proud of for sure envyyyyyyy.
Best from Michael