Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

THunderbird One Remote Camera

badsimmonds

Alphans
Looking at some screen grabs there were marks down the side of the body which I first thought were just dirt streaks but on closer inspection I decided rightly or wrongly they were letters. There are no really clear views of this prop so its all just guess work, I came to the conclusion the letters spelled out PRTV perhaps followed by a number. I'm probably wrong but this is what I'm going with.
The letters were self adhesive vinyl which are easy to apply. The rest of the body has various decals spread about so after looking through my very small collection I dug out the nearest equivalent. They are all either the wrong size or wrong altogether but it gives the impression I'm looking for and that's good enough for me.
With those applied it was time to glue the clear nose on and add some black stripes. The rear jet was just something I had lying around and seemed to fit perfectly.
That's about it for this project, one thing I forgot to mention were the two aerials which are aluminium rod stuck in a couple of drilled holes. Through out the entire build I always forgot about these so they were a last minute addition.
I'll admit its not 100% but its a nice little addition to my collection.
I'll post some finish photos next.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1022.JPG
    DSCF1022.JPG
    118 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF1021.JPG
    DSCF1021.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF1024.JPG
    DSCF1024.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1030.JPG
    DSCF1030.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF1034.JPG
    DSCF1034.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

badsimmonds

Alphans
I made a stand out of some mdf and utilised an old Meccano axle rod which fits into the large underside thruster. I thought it would be better than relying on the model to support itself.
Here are some finished photos though they are not very good as I'm too lazy to make a suitable diorama for any model.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF1048.JPG
    DSCF1048.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF1046.JPG
    DSCF1046.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF1042.JPG
    DSCF1042.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF1040.JPG
    DSCF1040.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF1049.JPG
    DSCF1049.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 9

KevinD

Alphans
Brilliant, a great rendition of a prop I've often been tempted to make but have never got around to. Well done.
 

badsimmonds

Alphans
Many thanks Kevin.
It was a fun little build that I enjoyed doing. Perhaps one day I might build the TB1 hatch it emerges from to complete the look.
 
Top