Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Tiger Joe Tank Body Panel Pics

Interceptor6

Alphans
Several Anderson vehicles use various parts from Reading's Tiger Joe Tank. I thought it would be easier to reference pics for "parts matching" if they had their own thread.

Sorry for the "non-metric" measures, I'll try to find a "proper" measure for you Brits!:roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

JD

Alphans
That's why we still call it IMPERIAL! :thumbup:

Metric! Humph! Just because some people still count on their fingers, we all have to change to a base10 system?!! :hmm:

Base12 has too many useful applications for me to give it up completely! ;)

astrocat

Alphans
Well, the Unitron looked as if it used the skirts

As far as I can tell the Unitron is an entire Tiger Joe, but with 'upgrades' added.

A few more examples of Tiger Joe bits are of course on the Crablogger rear half and the Gray Houseman roadmaker. Those are the most obvious ones I can think of.
A black side panel was also used, cut down, on the rear of the SHADO missile tank on the moon (there's an old thread about it somewhere on the forum).
It's also worth looking beyond just the models, as there's also a Tiger Joe body used on the Moon Mobile point-of-view window miniature (seen in The Responsibility Seat episode, when Foster goes out to the Russian mining rig).

I'm sure there are others, but those are just the ones that spring to mind at the moment.

I'm running a bit late on this thread - I hadn't noticed it before... for some reason I hardly ever look at this bit of the forum...!

Keith

Big Rab

Forum Supporter
In the UFO episode "Computer Affair", when the Mobile is driving up to the UFO, you can see a Tiger Joe wheel used as detail on the window frame (drivers view top right corner).

Attachments

• wheel1.jpg
    wheel1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 106
As far as I can tell the Unitron is an entire Tiger Joe, but with 'upgrades' added.

A few more examples of Tiger Joe bits are of course on the Crablogger rear half and the Gray Houseman roadmaker. Those are the most obvious ones I can think of.

The Lunar Tractor used to deliver the atomic device in Crater 101 is almost pure Tiger Joe (he says without checking !) and the SHADO lunar tanks use their tracks (pretty sure I'm right about that !).

Big Rab

Forum Supporter
If anyone is looking for a Tiger Joe body or two (NO wheels or tracks), perhaps a Turret or some wheel hub covers along with other odds and ends, PM me please as I need to get rid of some to free up space in my loft.
I'm not looking for payment, just cover the P&P and you are welcome to them. all I ask for you to post some photos of how you use them :)

Sorry UK only for the parts!

Some of the parts can be seen here http://public.fotki.com/44eagle/for-sale-for-refere/tiger-joe-parts-for-sale/
This album has not been updated for a while though!

I hope this helps someone out there :thumbup:

Last edited: