Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Top and Bottom Longerons

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Hi Bob,

If you are still out there, COME BACK!

I would love to see where you went with this project, what a great spot with the OLEO struts. My first thought was perhaps they were spares being reused in production, then I remembered that Joe 90 was made a few years before Space: 1999 which maybe adds some weight to the thought that you are right, they could be a found item. I always thought that all the major parts for an Eagle were custom made and I find it very interesting to think maybe more is made from found items well, after the kit parts obviously.

Last edited:

Purple Bob

Alphans
Hi Bob,
If you are still out there, COME BACK!
I would love to see where you went with this project,

Yeah! Still out here Bernie, somewhere at the outer end of the Galaxy...

We temporarily shelved that software model for commercial reasons related to the sale of the photo measurement algorithm. Which was acquired from us commercially with exclusive rights by a Company in the oil and gas industry, for creating measurable geology models from terrain photographs.

I've just got a new workshop space (for hobby stuff)... and I'm going to be going back to working on the software design model before I build a hardware one. So watch this space....

Yes the Oleo Legs seem to be some sort of spring hinge.... you could get them in the late 60's and early 70's for spring retaining open and shut the lids of bedding boxes or tool boxes etc etc... but these seem to be just a very much smaller version of that.

Best Regards,
Purple Bob.

I'll release the software model publicly when it's in a useful state where people can use it as a 3D plan for building their own models.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
BOB!!

YAY!! :thumbup:

Love your work and looking forward to seeing more of what you do. Making a little more time for the hobby myself too. During the summer break from school I will clear out my workshop and reorganise, been meaning to do that for a couple of years. Luckily my new job gives me access to some serious lathe and milling equipment, think of a sweetshop and playground combination :D