Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Travel Tube

shornak

Alphans
Has anyone ever built a travel tube model? Any images of the original travel tube model from the show?

rockwellcm

Alphans
Has anyone ever built a travel tube model? Any images of the original travel tube model from the show?

There is an image of the original travel tube in the AMC section of this fourm

the catch,you have to pay a AMC membership to view

well worth it IMO

Donald

shornak

Alphans
Back Side

According to Catacombs we've never seen the backside of the travel tube but I swear we have. Maybe I am just thinking of what they showed in the Technical Manual. Does anyone remember seeing the backside of it?

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
It's true, you never see the backside of the travel tube unless it's a mirror of the front as it seems to travel in both directions. It would make sense if it did IMHO.

Cap'n

shornak

Alphans
Then I guess I am just imagining it or remembering the backside of the travel tube from the tech manual.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
If I remember correctly the Tech Manual showed an end without a doorway in it? I don't have the images but I think Martin Willey does on the Catacombs site.

Cap'n

Steve Gerard

Alphans
If I remember correctly the Tech Manual showed an end without a doorway in it? I don't have the images but I think Martin Willey does on the Catacombs site.

Cap'n

This is the Starlog Alpha Moonbase Technical Notebook Travel Tube:
http://www.space1999.net/~catacombs/cybermuseum/MATN/matn1014.html

and this link verifies that there is no interior door on one end:
http://space1999.net/catacombs/main/cguide/umtravel.html

Last edited:
I've always thought the travel tube was one of the coolest shots on the show (the lighting really sells it for me) but does anyone know at what scale it was built and perhaps how it was filmed? I've never seen any behind-the-scenes shots or discussion on this and am curious about how it was done...

B.P.

NeoGoglu

Alphans
I'm in England this week, when i'll get back home next wednesday i will post a picture of me holding the front door part, it is quite larger than you might think, a bit more than 12 inches wide.

Guest01

Alphans
Cant wait to see this started,this is just crying out to be created .Thanks for creating the cad Capn

Last edited:

Guest01

Alphans
origionally i thought the door on the cad was a tad to big but on closer inspection/ look at pic it is correct ,just the colour of the frame on the cad.(if that makes sense)