Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

UFO and Thunderbirds in 16x9?

fab1

Alphans
Waking up an old thread!

I purchased off ebay original Thunderbird slides collected and boxed by John Reid then given to a fan.

Now, I have original footage from Joe 90 and on comparing I became perplexed because the Tbirds film is the same film type including shots from Tbirds are go which was filmed in Techniscope and also shots from the TV episodes which was filmed on standard stock.

The Tbirds are go film has no sound track, Techniscope is two sprocket this is four sprocket.
The conclusion I have come to is that I have possible test shots used to compare the different film mediums.

Any thoughts

G

Last edited:

roose1982

Alphans
Waking up an old thread!

I purchased off ebay original Thunderbird slides collected and boxed by John Reid then given to a fan.

Now, I have original footage from Joe 90 and on comparing I became perplexed because the Tbirds film is the same film type including shots from Tbirds are go which was filmed in Techniscope and also shots from the TV episodes which was filmed on standard stock.

The Tbirds are go film has no sound track, Techniscope is two sprocket this is four sprocket.
The conclusion I have come to is that I have possible test shots used to compare the different film mediums.

Any thoughts

G

Is there any chance of scanning these slide and sharing online? I have a 35mm slide scanner at work, and I'm absolutely amazed at how superb the quality of the images are - I scanned some old slides I inherited from my grandad, and they look like they were taken yesterday!

Also, it would make sense you have possible test shots for different stocks. I know David Lane makes a comment about this on the audio commentary for one of the TB films.

cheers

Ross :thumbup: