Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

UFO Interceptor-Studio scale.

Angelo

Alphans
I remember seeing the sole surviving UFO Interceptor at a Fanderson convention many years ago, and I always wanted one.

Now courtesy of Studio 2 Models http://studio2models.webs.com/ there is a studio scale model, 23" length, approx 1:24th scale.

The main body halves are cast in fibre glass reinforced P-38 car body repair putty: (150mm/6" ruler for scale.)

The missile, as well as other parts, are cast in white resin.

Main engine bell:

RCS side pods, landing skids, cockpit rear wall:

Aluminium sheet and sections are provided if you want to build the landing gear from metal, rather than use the resin.

Close up of the cockpit wall, and main engine insert:

Winglets, cockpit instrument panel, RCS thrusters and some rather familiar looking greeblies for the engine bays:

Close up of the greeblies:

I have already cut open the cockpit opening, creating a blizzard of dust!

It will be a slow process, as it is no shake and bake kit!

Thanks for looking,

Angelo

:)

Last edited:

Angelo

Alphans
Quick update.

I built my own cockpit rear wall from perspex and various items from the spares box.
The kit part was too narrow.

The body halves were joined with epoxy resin, and the seems closed up and fared in with P-38 car body filler.

Thanks for looking:D

Angelo

Alphans
The instrument panel that comes with the kit was just painted and detailed with spare Airscale decals.

:)

badsimmonds

Alphans
Great work. Envious of the instrument panel, I never went that far when I built my Interceptor as I'm no use on very small details.
Look forward to seeing more updates.

Angelo

Alphans
The model has been primed with Halford's Primer Filler.

More filling and rubbing down!

The pilot is coming along:

:D

Angelo

Alphans
Pilot installed and canopy fitted.
The central frame was made out of plastic card, and to make the beading around the glazing I used solder.

I have upgraded the kit's undercarriage legs.
I drew up a schematic and took it to a local engineering firm who turned them out of aluminium for me.

:D

Angelo

Alphans
Halford's Appliance white and Humbrol's Metal Cote paints and the model is ready for decals, and then its panel line time!:D

Angelo

Alphans
Thank you Captain!:D

Decals are on, I used the JBOT Decals set.
Panel lines added, pencilled on as per the original studio models, and a cote of mat varnish, which yellowed!:cry:

Now onto the undercarriage! :)