Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

UFO Interceptor

Angelo

Alphans
This is my studio scale Interceptor from Gerry Anderson's UFO.

It is a "garage kit" from Studio 2 Models.

I did start a WIP thread, but after I got it painted & decalled, my matt varnish yellowed the paint, so I sanded it all back, and started again.

I used Tamiya's acrylic sation white, and their satin varnish.

The decals are from JBot.

For the panel lines I used a pencil to mark them on the model, as on the original.

I got a local engineering firm to turn the undercarriage legs in aluminium, and built the rest of the skids and supports from aluminium sheet and tubing.

Thanks for looking :D

JJL567

Alphans
Nice build.

Nice work Angelo!

I really like this, it has to be one of the closest available models to the real deal out there so far.

Now can anybody post pics of a finished SPV from Studio2?

Jon

badsimmonds

Alphans
Another excellent build from Angelo.

Here are some photos of my Studio 2 build finished last month on this site.
I've built a few Studio 2 models over the years and I thoroughly recommend them.

Attachments

• DSCN8219.JPG
    DSCN8219.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN8234.JPG
    DSCN8234.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN8227.JPG
    DSCN8227.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCF9506.JPG
    DSCF9506.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 13

badsimmonds

Alphans
I enjoy scratch building but its nice now and again for someone to do the work for you.
Your Interceptor really is fabulous, I scratch built one a few years ago but its not a patch on yours. Look forward to your future builds.

badsimmonds