Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

UFO Interceptor

Jade Falcon

Alphans
I've been lucky enough to get the Imai UFO Interceptor and my question is what would you say the base colour of the Interceptor is. While sometimes it looks white, I think it would be too stark. I'm tempted to undercoat it with grey and give it a light coat of white or a very light grey.

Also, is there any way of changing the cockpit, the way the figure is 'built in' to the plastic is a bit unfortunate.

jimboh1

Alphans
I'd have to agree... it's white but can obviously be given some depth with detailing and weathering- and accurate decals!

J.

Jade Falcon

Alphans
I'd like to replace the pilot, it's one of those horrendous 'torso moulded into a flat piece of plastic' jobs, but there doesn't seem to be much help for it

Techmouse

Alphans
Making a new cockpit

Actually, it's a simple rebuild.
Using the original cockpit piece, trace the rear bulkhead and floor outlines onto suitable thicknesses of sheet plastic/cardstock. The rear bulkhead is then detailed with whatever greeblies/bits to match the set piece from the series. Using the floor, you then cut out an opening for the new seat and pilot (which can be either scratchbuilt or gotten from a close enough kit). Sidewalls and a floor for the new cockpit tub are then put into place around the cutout. After the new seat and pilot are painted, these are then glued into the cockpit tub. Depending on how accurate you want the new cockpit area will of course determine how long the replacement takes to construct.