Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

UFO Lunar Tank Rocket Launcher Parts

paul gray

Forum Supporter
just a quick update on progress,i have now painted the main body and gun,it is starting to look good.i have painted the gold front and got a lovely finish,left it outside in the sun to dry off nicely( can't bring it in wet as wife hates the smell of the paint)go back out to bring it in a few hours later and 3 bugs managed to find my lovely paintwork ( well not so lovely now) so will have to wait for it to dry completely and then rub it down again-oh deep joy.will post pics as soon as i have got rid of the bugs.
cheers Paul

paul gray

Forum Supporter
hi Barry
i get my stuff from Amber composites,a friendly company to deal with but postage is high as they use a overnight service,so order in bulk,i get my super glue and accelerator from them as well. i use a fast cast product from Rampf,called Raku tool ph3970 and pf 3700,mixed in equal parts,sets in about 5 mins.they used to supply me with biersen resin which set very quickly and was clear until set which was handy as you could see any air bubbles caught in the moulds,this new stuff is milky when mixed and when set.hope this helps,anything else give me a shout
cheers Paul

just a quick update on progress so far. everything is now painted and put together,just adding a few panel lines.had a real pig of a job to get the gold paint at the front to look right but happy with how it has turned out.will post pics very soon.

while following another thread on this site came across this which i thought was good for this one- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k39AooCgxQE

at last the launcher is now finished. here are a few quick pictures .i will try and take a few more later on and load them up.

TonyB

Forum Supporter
Looking very good, more pictures of the finished model please, when they are ready of course.

paul gray

Forum Supporter
thank you all very much for your very kind words ,i can't tell you how much they mean especially from this sites better known modellers.many ,many thanks.
on the build side of things ,just a few details to finish things off.if you look closely in one of the shots you can see what looks like an entry hatch.i used a piece from the gemini kit that fitted the bill nicely with a handle from one of the other kits used.the launcher mount is also made from another gemini part and the shield at the front is sheet plastic. thanks to Hilton for the tip on using plasticoat paint for the gold finish at the front.the observant amoung you( actually i think that's all of you) will notice a piece at the rear is missing .this is due to a silly old s.d pulling out infront of me while in my car( model was being stored in back of car),i slammed my brakes on to avoid hitting him and the model continued to move through the car into the front.other bits were repaired but this piece remains missing in action somewhere in the car. a new piece will be added shortly.many thanks are due to Dave for getting this thread going and without all his input i would not have built this model.hope you like the rest of the pics

i have only just seen what areteecee and Big Rab have requested .i know i have just built the model ,but not sure it's my place to do such a reference post when all i have done is use everyone elses info.

paul gray

Forum Supporter

if there is a particular angle or shot i have missed and you would like to see,let me know and i will see what we can do.
cheers Paul

Transporter

Alphans
Great stuff! I must admit, this is the first time I see the Rocket Launcher in its real colours. I always thought it was just gray with gray in gray. Probably because when I saw UFO for the first time we had no colour tv and this image must have fixed itself in my head :?