Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

UfO Moon Mobile Info

akoenig

Alphans
Hello there...

I'm looking for documentation about the MOON HOPPER. Do you know if there are plans / blueprints available out there? And... er... something else... good pics of the interiors?

Thanks very much in advance!

Transporter

Alphans
Hey akoenig, are you talking about the moon hopper from Captain Scarlet? Or are you talking about the moon mobiles from UFO?

akoenig

Alphans
Yes, CR is right, I'm talking about the SHADO / UFO Moon Hopper (referred sometimes as Moon Mobile)

Anyone does know if there are additional interior sets seen in the series, apart from the cockpit?

Thanks for your help!

akoenig

Alphans
Thanks Transporter. Very nice LB model, by the way.

I was checking today some UFO episodes, and... do you think it's possible than the MOON MOBILE cockpit is the same one that the Earth-based-tracked MOBILE one?

Transporter

Alphans
Me too, I think they used the same sets, maybe added some different details. I guess you want to build a very detailed Moon Mobile model. I always liked it very much. Especially the way they flew over the moon surface with this cool sound and the dust that was blown around.

akoenig

Alphans
Yep, I checked references and definitely is the very same set for the two cockpits.

Yes, I'm planning to build a MoonMobile, the authentic Eagle's father (the Grandfather is the Moonbus from 2001) :p

Any ideas out there about the interior configuration?

Transporter

Alphans
Well, there is not much space inside, I guess. I would try to make a mixture between some of the Skydiver interiors and the Shado mobiles. What I can assure you, is that the building is a lot of fun. I especially loved to work on a very small scale and only used very little space on my desk...
The first image shows the Moon Mobile in front of one of my PE 12 Eagles. And of course it does not look so perfect because the pics are supersized and the scale is really tiny.

akoenig

Alphans
:eek: Congratulations! A very nice little model!

Mine it's going to be the opposite, big scale.

I suppose that the rear "ball" was intended to be the cargo area. The two side protrusions look to me like the engines, much in the Moonbus style.

akoenig

Alphans
Transporter said:
Do you have some plans to work from?

:cry: :cry: ...no...

I have a 3D model, and I'm trying to develop plans from there.
Anyway, starting from the cockpit interior, you can figure easily the dimensions.