Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

USCSS Nostromo - Blueprints

Here's another work in progress shot of the blueprints; been detailing the nose section using Phil's fantastic photographs. Have yet to adjust line thicknesses. More to come... :)

Hmmmm....I don't know. Not really thought about it. I started it because this ship is a bit of a mystery...nobody really knows the layout of the interior unless you're lucky enough to own some original set blueprints. I got fed up with the only blueprints being available being that from Star Trek and Star Wars. That and I love the movie, love the set design and the hardware, and I want a set to hang on my wall somewhere. Can't afford to buy them (even if I could I've no idea who would have some) so thought I'd make some. :)

Well way back in feb last year I posted some early images of the Nostromo blueprints I was working on. I've been able to spend more time on them this last few months, and they're almost done...just got the underside to finish.
I'll be making them available as a mylar print in a couple of weeks. :)
Apologies if the pics are a little big....its difficult to post jpegs on this stuff as the detail gets lost.

You're very welcome...I'm at the fine-tuning stage right now, some amendments I've made since include working on the underside (the Narcissus area has been a challenge becuse the scales of various models of the Narcissus, Nostromo and full size sets do not seem to correspond with each other...); also the 'fins' on the back of the ship around the boosters - the ones that are toward the center of the ship are actually shorter than the others... plus I'm locating Ash's observation blister too to correspond with the full size set.
busy busy busy...

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
I am dumbstruck....

Space Jockey......

I am truly dumbfounded, how on earth do you pull something like this together??? :eek:

I think there is as much talent in work like this as in building models with the same level of detail, I am stunned.

If you decide to produce these in printed form put me down for a set. :thumbup:

Best regards.

Cap'n

fab underside detail, how did you get it?

Various screenshots and photos of the full size sets and models collected over the years kindly provided by various people. Then a few years ago, I started to draw them up and returned back to them, after a long break, earlier this year.

Some parts, such as Ash's Observation Blister and the C Deck Airlock, were not on the models, so keeping in mind that one day I'd like to do interior blueprints, I detailed those as best I could.

One question I hav always wondered about- was the vast engineering section where Ripley set the self destruct in the Nostromo or was it in the Refinary section? It seems too large as seen in the film to fir in the Nostromo's hull but it also seems logical that it would have been located there..

NOSTROMO self-destruct must have been in the engineering section onboard the NOSTROMO.:think:

I tis logical to have it there but the room you see cannot fit into that hull. It is a vast open air space and you see a tiny Riply moving in the windows about twent stories up from the hardware 'floor'. If you go by the shot of the Narcissus docked for reference the Engineering section is too big...

One question I hav always wondered about- was the vast engineering section where Ripley set the self destruct in the Nostromo or was it in the Refinary section? It seems too large as seen in the film to fir in the Nostromo's hull but it also seems logical that it would have been located there..

One thing I did notice when working on the prints is that there isn't all that much room inside the ship. At least not when I was trying to figure out scale. I overlaid a jpeg of the bridge set on the plan, and from that got an approximation of how big the Narcissus was likely to appear on the underside, and what I found was the Narcissus as depicted in its 'bay' seemed too small on the movie. So it was tricky.

It's as though Ridley tried to make the ship seem as big as possible on some scenes (i.e. having shorter people in the child-sized Environmental Suit costumes on the exterior landing-leg shot, the big Engineering Section, the size of the Narcissus model in comparison to the bridge).