Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Vintage Blackpool/ Alton Towers Exhibition Photos

stiki

Alphans
Hey All!

Was clearing out the loft and found some old snaps of the exhibitions at Alton Towers & Blackpool.

Most of these are out of focus or there is too much "flash" but a few are OK.

Here's a couple -

44" Eagle 2 at Alton Towers -

Large Ultra Probe at Alton Towers -

22" Cargo Eagle (note size & colour of winch - maybe PE didn't get it so wrong after all...) -

I do have more shots if anyone's interested?

Would love to see if other members have similar pics,
Ian

Fun Pod

Alphans
On Eagle 2, the hanging port forward landing gear almost looks like it's waving bye-bye to Alpha! :p

On the Eagle Freighter, it appears a vernier may be missing from the rear thruster quad...

Intersting pics, stiki! :thumbup:

Big Rab

Forum Supporter
Yes please Ian, keep the photos coming,
I will have to dig my collection out as well from that time (Blackpool only though)

stiki

Alphans
Vintage Alton Towers Pics

Hey Big Rab & Fun Pod - thanks for responding.

Here's a couple more shots - I don't know about you, but I was just as fascinated by the full size sets & costumes as by the models...

Firstly, Commander Koenig's Desk flanked by Maya & Entran Guard.
Behind are computer panels from Command Center.
This shot is from Alton Towers

Maya's Desk (well what was left of it) flanked by Zantor

Please excuse the "flash reflections" this was the best I could manage with my "disc" camera!

Lastly (for now)
The Moonbuggy & Astronaut - again from Alton Towers

I have more shots of the ship models and will post if you'd like to see?
Ian

Ian

Dr Kane

Alphans
The photos are very interesting, and I've really enjoyed looking at them - but I'm also tickled to death by the mention of a 'disc' camera! I'd forgotten all about those!

Eagle-2

Chief Eagle Pilot
:lol: I've just noticed the backpack is at the front!

I think the front pack had disappeared by the time of the Alton Towers exhibition.

Great to see those pictures though. I remember seeing the Alton Towers display in 1985, and having never seen the Blackpool display I was blown away by it. Never dreamed then that I'd end up owning some of it... :)

Blue Moon

Alphans
Missing models

Very interesting photos, brings back memories..... I remember my dad taking me all the way over to the Alton Towers exhibition (around 1982/3ish) I remember being slightly disapointed with the size of it and that some of the models weren't shown off to their best- compared with the original Blackpool exhibition. Major fun-non the less, however imagine my suprise on entering the nearby 'planetarium' exhibition, I was witness to several 1999 models hanging from the ceiling! Cheek! Still explains why some got lost/ fragmented etc.

stiki

Alphans
Vintage Alton Towers Photos

Hey Blue Moon!

I remember thinking that there wasn't a lot on display for such a large area.

Had I known that there was more in the Planetaruim I would've checked that out too.

Here are a few more shots -

The main model group display -

& the Hawk -

Ian

Blue Moon

Alphans
I love the photos-wish I'd taken some. Amazingly I can't even remember the FAB 1 display!!! go figure.. must be gettin old!

CR

Alphans
Ironic, isn't it, that the re-entry glider's landing gear appears to be intact, but one of the wings is broken? :think:

CR

Alphans
A fall from the height it's hanging at could've done that.
That might explain the glider's beat-up appearance in the Catacombs pictures. (I can imagine less-than-careful handlers chucking the thing from one end of the room to the other as they're putting it away in storage. "Hey, toss me that orange plane-thing, will ya?")

stiki

Alphans
Vintage Alton Towers Pics

Hey Guys!
Thanks for the kind comments - anyone else got any pics - I'd love to see some from Space City at Blackpool...

Ian

stiki

Alphans
Vintage Space City Exhibition Report & Pics

Found this article in the back of "Intercom One" a Danish fanzine from July 1982.
It makes for interesting reading as the latter part of the article lists an inventory of the models displayed at this time...

Hope I'm not breaking any rules posting this?
Ian