Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Virgil Tracy head casting

Captainplaid

Alphans
Howdy Guy's sorry for the long absense from the Forum, but my Father had a stroke & heart attack then they found cancer every where. So as you can imagine my life is a slight mess for a while now, so i am trying to keep my mind on fun stuff to escape a bit. Virgil Tracy is my FAB fav. from "Thunderbirds" for you folks in the know you might be able to help?

I am searching to find a nice casting of Virgil, as for head casting's out there i know of two:

(1) Is what looks like a smiler but also it's over all shape seems out of proportion?
(2) Is the frowner seen in the fireflash episode and actually has good form.

A few years ago an original Virgil head surfaced does anyone know has it's owner ever dropped it into rubber. If so anyone snag a casting???
Any help would be most appreciated.

All the best from Michael

DX-SFX

Alphans
Hi Michael.

Sorry to hear about your family woes. I've had a few this year too so know where you're coming from.

Chris King is probably the man to ask about Virgil head history.

Meanwhile there's a PM coming your way about something I've been meaning to ask for a while.

Again sorry to hear about your father. Hope you're keeping well yourself.

Chris

captain_Ed

Alphans
Hi Michael
Very sorry to hear about your troubles.
Re Virgil Tracy. I have been looking for a 'normal' hrad cast for some time as well. All there seems to be on ebay is the frowner. I know of three originals out there. The one that Christine Glanville obtained after a Newspaper appeal in the early nineties. She took a cast off that and her reconstruction has appeared in several exhibitions since. Another head came to light and was auctioned 5 or 6 years ago, fetching £14000 i seem to remember ( i was there with my meagre £500 budget hoping to buy a hat! lol) I also believe a smiler head appeared a couple of years ago and was auctioned but i haven't any details on that one :(
Not much help in your (and my!) search but interesting nontheless!
Eddie

paul gray

Forum Supporter
sorry to hear of your fathers ill health, i hope he's in no pain.good luck with your search for a Virgil. all the best
cheers Paul

Captainplaid

Alphans
First of all thank you Gent's for your support and well wishes for my Dad. Truly one can never really prepare for such a life changing event. But i can tel you having good Friends now all over the world helps tons.
My quest to find a casting of Virgil shall continue, Capt. Ed thank you very much for the new info on Virgil's found. Christine never mentioned to me that she had a Virg mind you i nevr asked grrrrrrrr. A Grad Lady truly missed in the end i may have to work on the frowner as it seems the best one out there in over all shape?

Michael.