Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

WANTED - Keith Young Tech Manual Sets

Alpha149

Forum Supporter
Hey All,

Am looking to purchase a set of all the supliments he did if anyone has some extras.

Thanks,

Evan

w8cmp

Alphans
I think there are a lot of us here who would like to buy a set of these...

There are some scans available online somewhere but for the life of me I can't find the link...

martin

Alphans
The zip file contains early versions of the drawings. Most of them went through several revisions- the Eagle and Ultra Probe went through at least 3 complete "redraws".
The Swift drawings were not as ambitious; I think he planned to redo them, but I don't know if he ever did. He never did the Hawk or the Meta Probe.

The Catacombs has some samples:
http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/main/merc/fan/ky/vmfanpubkyg.html
and the table of contents for set 5 (1993)
http://www.space1999.net/catacombs/main/merc/fan/ky/vmfanpubkyi.html

Martin

CR

Alphans
I would love to see a complete revised set. I'd love to own a complete revised set.
Nice Catacombs summary started, Martin!

Alpha149

Forum Supporter
I would love to see a complete revised set. I'd love to own a complete revised set.
Nice Catacombs summary started, Martin!

It's Set 5 that I really want. I am in the process of "cleaning up" (to my tastes anyway) some of the Starlog ones as well as the ones that I downloaded from the previous post. I can't post attachments yet. If anyone wants I can send them a sample for posting.

Evan

Keith Young

Alphans
Keith Young here

Guys I'm back in fandom. I go by my middle name, Paxton now. But it's still me. I do have several drawings that are work in progress that could be put together for a new set if there is enough interests. All my other volumes are still available. Just get in contact with me. The new prints include Moonbase Alpha site plan with corrected building shapes and sizes and missing travel tubes, all the underground levels down to level R. The Force of life map has also been used as one of the underground levels. There are the 3 tanks, the hawk, travel tube,main mission computer wall oanels and desks. And a few other things which would make a sizeabl set. So let me know if there is a real interest and I'll gear up again. I no longer work retail so I have all the time to focus on delivering the sets on time.
Some of the new work in progress prints can be seen in my folder at Gaybase alpha

Paxton

cricket

Alphans
Welcome to the fold, Paxton! :W: I suspect there will indeed be some interest. You need to get up to 10 posts to have access to the private messaging service for people to contact you, but yes, I am interested! :yes:

Propland

Chief Eagle Pilot
Welcome Paxton :clap::thumbup: I am definitely interested in a set of drawings you describe, count me in.
Cheers,
Darren

Keith Young

Alphans
A few more blueprints

I've also done two levels of the LQ building, which I switched from the curved building to the rectangle building by the two launch pads. Reasoning is that if you are stationed on Alpha you would want to have a room with a view. This building offers more viewing area than the curved building
Also I have drawn all the living units inside the building along with corridors elevators, stairs emergency seals.

Until you guys can contact me directly just post here and I'll read it.

Pax

Keith Young

Alphans
About the living quarters again

This building also houses enough year 1 living units to accommodate most of Alpha's population. Kano in one episode states something about residence bldgs C and D being damaged or something like that. Meaning there's more than one LQ bldg
So I have made the little bldg that sticks off to the side of the Tech bldg another LQ bldg. And one of the small curved bldgs by the rec bldg as another. Res bldg A is the lowest floor of the command tower. John and Helena's LQ are located here as with the section heads. This explains how everyone gets to Main Mission so fast in Space Brain in their pj's.

Paxton

Keith Young

Alphans
Moonbas Alpha plan view corrected

I have done a lot of research on the actual shapes of all the Alpha buildings and have corrected them in my print. There is also super detailing as accurate as I could get on the structures on top of the buildings. There aretravel tubes missing from Starlog's print. The rec building has been corrected to it's much larger size. The observatory bldg has also been enlarged to it's correct size.

There is another drawing of the Moonbase site showing the outer research bldgs and extra pads, gravity towers and laser batteries. The extra pads have been placed in areas as seen in vaious episodes.

There is another plan veiw showing Alpha resting within a small shelf of the crater Plato that actually exists. Alpha fits nicely here with surronding mts

And another plan showing the side wall of the crater and where the Sola energy panels are at on the smooth crater floor

Paxton

stiki

Alphans
Hey Pax!

Hey Paxton!

Great to see you here - didn't I tell you that you'd get a warm welcome - chat soon good buddy!

Space Cowboy ;-)

moonbus

Alphans
Sounds real good

That sounds real good I would like a set of all the drawings. Please let us know when they are ready. Take care. :thumbup:

paul gray

Forum Supporter
I want to be known from now on as "Danger". 8)
dam you DX, i have to clean up my screen and keyboard now that it's wearing my drink ,couldn't manage to contain my laughter there
" Danger". i think we should all come up with middle names our parents should have given us. my wife has a few for me ,but none i would really like to share here
thanks for the laugh DX
cheers Paul