Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Warp Models upgrade kit for Airfix/AMt Eagle

Warp Models

Official Warp Representative
Yes, I know I don't visit as often as I should, but I am happy to announce a forthcoming kit for Space 1999.
This is an upgrade kit for your Airfix Eagle.
In the box you will get.....A Nose cone with cage attachment,upgraded cage internal bulkheads,a complete pod (obviously there will be a seperate kit for each pod wanted),rear engine bells, all underside thruster bells,attitude thrusters ans landing feet/pads.
Models should be available shortly. Retail no more than £35.00 excluding shipping
Further details to follow.
Cheers for now.

When will this upgrade kit be available and could you be kind enough
to provide complete pics of this upgrade kit for the Airfix AMT Eagle
kit?:yes:

karr1981

Assistant Commander
Staff member
Cant wait to see this upgrade kit, we will work with Warp to ensure it is available to ETF members as soon as its released.

Karr1981

There's a few ppl working on different upgrade kits, so I'm debating as to whom will get my money and which kit will be the best for making this little 12in Eagle more accurate.

The price isn't bad but I'd have to see all that's included in this upgrade kit. Hope pics come along soon.

Are these only resin parts or will there also be a photo-etch upgrade as well?
Is it WARPs original product or one bought from a different source?

Warp Models

Hi Richard,

The parts will be Warp original pattern parts. All Warp pods were designed to fit the Airfix/MPC Eagles. There is no need for photoetch as a kit is already available from paragrafix....this Warp upgrade will, if anything, compliment that particular item.

The parts will be all resin but, I am debating in my mind whether the landing legs may be cast in a new metal mold...as I think the main legs won't be that strong made in resin (one bad landing...and they're off...cartered!) but I may have another trick up my sleeve so as to avoid a metal casting...we'll have to see when the landing foot pattern is revised.

This kit should be available in approx 3 weeks but I'll be posting pics sooner than that as the kit progresses.

Warp Models

Hi Guys,

Sorry that it's taking a little longer than I expected. You know, if you are a model maker that you get into something, then you spot you want to upgrade something....Well that's what is happening with the passenger pod..I'm re-patterning as a hollow casting, so the doorway can be modelled open. This immediately begs for an interior....which will be a seperate project to this conversion.
Thank you all for your interest...This kit WILL be coming.

Hi Guys,

Sorry that it's taking a little longer than I expected. You know, if you are a model maker that you get into something, then you spot you want to upgrade something....Well that's what is happening with the passenger pod..I'm re-patterning as a hollow casting, so the doorway can be modelled open. This immediately begs for an interior....which will be a seperate project to this conversion.
Thank you all for your interest...This kit WILL be coming.

Really now...you're just teasing us!!!

An interior for the PP.....when....when.....when :)

Yes, I know I don't visit as often as I should,
In the box you will get.....

1. Nose cone with cage attachment
  2. upgraded cage internal bulkheads
  3. A complete pod
  4. rear engine bells
  5. all underside thruster bells
  6. altitude thrusters
  7. landing feet/pad
Cheers for now.

Is this what your upgrade kit is offering and what will be the final price? (for less than £35.00? )Are these just cast from the existing WARP kits ( as complete WARP Eagle sells for about £79.95) Can you provide pics of the upgrade parts kit(s)?

I interested in the Passenger Pod interior (possibly with a few figures). Is that still in the works?

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
There is a lot of interest on this subject. You should join our Space 1999 Facebook pages and you will see more interest! Search FaceBook for the pages listed below. I feel people frequent FB more often than the forums.

Space 1999 Merchandise
Space 1999
Space 1999 News
All Sections Alpha

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
10 minutes after I posted this on Space 1999 face book page! Here is your list!

David Connellan Sounds cool

Scott Finkelstein I'm in

Mark Belsom Sounds good, but depends on price,hopefully not too expensive.

Todd A. Wax Put me on that list!

CJ Zacchara

Darcy Barroby

Rick Staines

Jason Turrell

Bryan Garrett

Last edited:

Warp Models

That's more like it!!!

Great work Todd!

Richard....Yes, the retail price will be £35.00, there will also be a trade price to all relevent contacts/outlets including this forum.

Pictures will be posted as soon as the parts become available....ps, had a VERY good day on the pod today.

Cheers,guys.