Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Warp Models upgrade kit for Airfix/AMt Eagle

Been 8 mos. :(
It would've been nice to have these when R2 first came out with the reissue when many builders were buying and building them. R2 is now coming out with the Deluxe.

Others may still be waiting but I've moved on. Possibly, if it comes out and we get pics I may stop and look at it again. I can't hold my breath
ever time someone says somethings is coming out. Saying that, I'm interested in the Pod interior.

Last edited:

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
Yes, I know I don't visit as often as I should, but I am happy to announce a forthcoming kit for Space 1999.
This is an upgrade kit for your Airfix Eagle.
In the box you will get.....A Nose cone with cage attachment,upgraded cage internal bulkheads,a complete pod (obviously there will be a seperate kit for each pod wanted),rear engine bells, all underside thruster bells,attitude thrusters ans landing feet/pads.
Models should be available shortly. Retail no more than £35.00 excluding shipping
Further details to follow.
Cheers for now.

Hey! Is this gonna happen or not? :rant:

karr1981

Assistant Commander
Staff member
Warp is extremely busy at the moment, i have arranged to chat with him after Christmas

Warp Models

Official Warp Representative
There just hasn't been enough interest shown to warrant the cost in producing this kit at the present moment in time. Sorry you've been waiting awhile as I hadn't fully come to a decision until now, and apologies to those seriously interested.
Too many whining about the cost....don't forget that I'd have to produce the kit for a trade price a third of what the retail would be.
Also pretty pissed at the number who line up at any opportunity to stick the boot into Warp Models.
End Transmission.

WARP has been there us and provided many nice model kits. The add-on kits would've been a nice addition to those wanting to upgrade to their basic 12" model.

But I can see the 12" upgrade kits being difficult to produce. As you say, demand wasn't there and the price (debatable). If you have a $20 kit that's inaccurate, it adds up adding one or more upgrade kit at ($35 or more) when you can buy a complete and more accurate Warp Eagle kit for about $100.

WARP already has a nice line of the 12" Eagles and Eagle add-ons.

My only beef is those who over promise and under deliver and a year later totally bail out.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Staff member
Please guys remember that this is a garage kit producer and not a company backed by a huge amount of resources. He is trying to keep everyone happy and provide products that are fun to own and collect. In the case of WARP they will also be great quality and very accurately made.

That is the blue sky version, in reality I don't know why he bothers. There is so much negativity around that it creates a pretty unfriendly environment. The guy loves us and we love him just as much in return, I would NOT expect him to bankrupt or bank roll my collection and in the end we all bow before the evil of hard cash. Warp doesn't owe us anything, he has never promised anything except to give us the time of day and take a look to see if he can fulfil our wishes and produce a kit.

Instead of moaning we should be thanking the guy for wasting his time in a false errand. Every time he offers a new kit he is inviting us to come and play so why not enjoy what he makes and spread the fun. He is also busting his nuts to try to make us happy and we really don't seem to be appreciating that. Buy or not just don't ruin the vibe for the rest of us who appreciate the guys work, time and talent.

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
Please guys remember that this is a garage kit producer and not a company backed by a huge amount of resources. He is trying to keep everyone happy and provide products that are fun to own and collect. In the case of WARP they will also be great quality and very accurately made.

That is the blue sky version, in reality I don't know why he bothers. There is so much negativity around that it creates a pretty unfriendly environment. The guy loves us and we love him just as much in return, I would NOT expect him to bankrupt or bank roll my collection and in the end we all bow before the evil of hard cash. Warp doesn't owe us anything, he has never promised anything except to give us the time of day and take a look to see if he can fulfil our wishes and produce a kit.

Instead of moaning we should be thanking the guy for wasting his time in a false errand. Every time he offers a new kit he is inviting us to come and play so why not enjoy what he makes and spread the fun. He is also busting his nuts to try to make us happy and we really don't seem to be appreciating that. Buy or not just don't ruin the vibe for the rest of us who appreciate the guys work, time and talent.

I had a lot of people on FB pages say they would buy the kits. He should check out those 1999 pages also! I just got my first Warp eagle and it's in line to be built soon! The problem for me is I'm in the US, and shipping is almost as much as the kit! We need to find a way for him to get his product into the hands of a US company that can sell the kits here! I know fabgearUSA would and has tried to do this, let's hope they or somebody else can do just that! We love warp kits! Let's find a way!

Boldman

Alphans
What response are you expecting? In the UK we face exactly the same problem when dealing with sellers in the USA. When I bought a Replicas Unlimited 22" Eagle recently I had to pay a large amount for postage and then got stung for another £60 for import duty and handling charges when it finally arrived in the country.

Its the cost of doing business internationally.

What response are you expecting? In the UK we face exactly the same problem when dealing with sellers in the USA. When I bought a Replicas Unlimited 22" Eagle recently I had to pay a large amount for postage and then got stung for another £60 for import duty and handling charges when it finally arrived in the country.

Its the cost of doing business internationally.

You really have me confused, Boldman. :think:

What does postage and import charges have to do with this?

But, wasn't there something posted already on this that due to the limited demand, it wasn't worth pursuing?

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
Yeah, I'm not sure where that came from, I was commenting that I got no response from Warp Models about the kit that was supposed to come out over a year ago. As I said before the warp kits are awesome and I wanted to follow up on the new kit coming out. I'm afraid these kits are going to go the way of the PE eagles, Master Replicas and all the other makers of great collectables. I'm hoping he's just that busy and not able to respond. As you can see from the pictures I have just about all his 1999 kits.:thumbup:

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
Warp kits!

Attachments

• IMG_2808-XL.jpg
    IMG_2808-XL.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5569.jpg
    IMG_5569.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_3605.jpg
    IMG_3605.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5576.jpg
    IMG_5576.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Boldman

Alphans
Meh, I'm getting confused in my old age, got this thread mixed up with another one... just ignore me...

Scifitodd

Forum Supporter
Hey Boldman, I did mention shipping but only because the company Fabgearusa said they had tried to get the kits in stock but they couldn't get together on the charges. So that may be what you read. I love the warp kits. I'm always trying to get more of them.

riven2000

Alphans
Hi all,

I've been wanting to get a Warp Eagle, and the more I look at how the price seems to rack up when shipping to the US, the more I wonder if it'll ever happen. I guess I want to know if there is ANY place in the US that carries this kit besides eBay (not that eBay is bad, you just have to wait for a kit to appear). Now I'm reading horror stories about duty costs, etc. -GAG- Anyway I just wondered if there might be better coverage over here at some point. 8)