Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Welcome Aboard the Nostromo

karr1981

Assistant Commander
Staff member
This area is dedicated to the hardware and special effects of the Alien Franchise of films:

Alien
Aliens
Alien 3
Alien Resurrection
Alien V Predator
Alien V Predator Requiem

Enjoy

Chris

SKIN JOB 66

Alphans
Hope to see some interesting A L I E N (the ONLY true masterpiece in the series) related stuff here !!!

I also learned to love more and more the 3rd one as years passed by, but I'll avoid anything related to the other films simply because they don't / can't compare to the first one imho.

Fred

robthom

Alphans
Hope to see some interesting A L I E N (the ONLY true masterpiece in the series) related stuff here !!!

Fred

:lol:

+1

Also the only one with any Space 1999 connection as far as I know.

There will never be much to compare to the original (I think thats safe to assume now 30 years later), but Prometheus is looking pretty good.

We'll see how "classic" when its finally revealed. But it is looking good enough so far that at least there should be something else decent in that poor abused series other then the rather "american" alienS.

SKIN JOB 66

Alphans
Prometheus is looking pretty good.

We'll see how "classic" when its finally revealed. But it is looking good enough so far that at least there should be something else decent in that poor abused series other then the rather "american" alienS.

Oh yes, I hope we'll be back for good at full speed to "Brit Alien" mode ! The rest just doesn't compare !

:yes:

Fred

But at least "Aliens" had sone decent hardware. The Pulse Rifle is as iconic now as the actual Alien is.

Mind you, I still wouldn't give a wooden nickel for the other films (Alien3 and onwards).

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Good to see the interest in Alien is still strong!
Any questions - just post Saurus ( aka Bill
Pearson)
Cheers Bill.

Captain Sci-Fi

Commander
Hi Bill,

We have a huge Alien following on the site, it remains a master piece in design and execution of the effects work, personally I rate it alongside 2001 and Star Wars in my all time favourites.

I'd love to know how you became involved with the Alien model unit, what was the first task you undertook and what work satisfied you the most.

If you want to post any pictures feel free, if you have any issues send them to me and I'll place them for you:

admin@eagletransporter.com

Bernie.

saurus

Chief Eagle Pilot
Hi Bernie!
I got involved through FX Supervisor Brian Johnson.He'd previously employed
me on 'The Medusa Touch' as a Modelmaker, and knew of my Sci-Fi Design skills.
First job was to make a balsa wood maquette of the Nostromo - culled from 3 Ron Cobb
drawings. Most satisfying was finally completing the entire job on the models one year
and two days after starting! I was the first on and last off!
Cheers Bill

Ham Salad

Alphans
I have a set of alien props, some I built, some collected. Photos of display at a convention:

This is not me, this is a volunteer who was willing to dress up as Brett to watch the props.

Last edited:

clanger68

Alphans
Great thread, I love Alien/Aliens.

That is some really awesome items there Ham Salad.:thumbup:

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Aliens the group I belong to did an event at the National Space Centre in Leicester last year.

Here's just a few photos from the replica prop area, which was my responsibility.

Ugly mug below is me! :)

- Cheers,

Andy

Ham Salad

Alphans
Great thread, I love Alien/Aliens.

That is some really awesome items there Ham Salad.:thumbup:

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Aliens the group I belong to did an event at the National Space Centre in Leicester last year.

You look great. I only wish I looked that good.

Did they give you a hard time for the guns?

We had the adult alien too, but I couldn't fit it in the photo...besides, as it belonged to somebody else, technically it wasn't in MY collection....

clanger68

Alphans
You look great. I only wish I looked that good.

Did they give you a hard time for the guns?

We had the adult alien too, but I couldn't fit it in the photo...besides, as it belonged to somebody else, technically it wasn't in MY collection....

Thank you.

We had nine Aliens running around at one point!!!

Eight in this shot.:)

Guns, in the UK there are very strict rules, we are always very respectful of all the laws and we have pretty strict rules of our own so we thankfully don't usually have any issues.

Last edited:

Ham Salad

Alphans
Thank you.

We had nine Aliens running around at one point!!!

Guns, in the UK there are very strict rules, we are always very respectful of all the laws and we have pretty strict rules of our own so we thankfully don't usually have any issues.

That there is a lot of bugs. Shame you didn't take them to a playground for some photo...

There's an irony: technically, there are no valid laws here regarding the public possession of REAL guns, much less the fake ones....but there are lots of rules against them at fan events (even the obviously fake looking ones) merely due to the personal bias and lack of personal restraint on the part of the people who run the events. There's a constant mentality of, " Well, I don't build props, or space ships, or costumes, so neither should you and I see no reason why I should allow same as I personally disapprove of them."
Very discouraging.