Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Wet Sunday Project

Liberator

Alphans
Finally a cold wet wintery day - time to head down to the shed, fire up the heater and knock up a ship out of bits. My Daughter had an old glitter lamp - it broke. Picked it up and thought humm, could make something with this. Wife got some Ferrero Rocher chocolates - cool container - thought I could make something with this. Work has some old swabs that were not required - looked at them and though damn, these would make a cool weapon for a model. I used hot melt glue as well I have no patience at times and styrene glue and superlue wouldnt have been too compatable with the various types of plastic used here.

3 hours later -.

Not yet completed - gave it a quick coat of paint to see how it looks. Still some gaps to fill and lots of tidying up.

The bits - the engine is a nozzle from a honey bottle:

Building the cockpit - CD cases again - no one here sells styrene sheeting - have to make do.

An old Bug kit makes the seats - parts of an Cessna, AT-AT, and other bits in my spares box make the rest - seriously depleted my greeblies now.

Almost done - detail painting to come and some serious tidying up yet to be done. I just wanted to see if my idea had merit.

Front shot

Looks like it could be something from a 60's sci fi show. Yet to figure if it needs landing gear or ifs a spaced based fighter. Anyone got a name?

skiffy

Alphans
That looks great! Kinda reminds me of the stylings of the rockets in the Flash Gordon movie from 1980.. No idea on a name though.

Transporter

Alphans
:thumbup: Sometimes it is really fun to do sf models without a perfect plan, just with a vision. Then using pieces an bits. Like probably many of us, I always salvage interesting parts (which would normally be trashed by Mrs. Transporter) for such projects...:p

doon

Alphans
Definitely cool Liberator:clap:Nice details and it does have that 50's 60's feel to it:D Also could see Barbarella climbing out:thumbup:

skiffy

Alphans
Just noticed reflected in the gold finish in the third pic there - you've got a trainee with you!:thumbup:

Liberator

Alphans
:lol: I noticed that, too. :p Very, very cool!!

Yes my trainee - attached to the hip when I'm down in the shed. As soon as I'm down there he's with me - sometimes driving me mad with his incessant chatter. I would never want it any other way!

We have built an Army Tank once - well me mostly. I seriously need to get hold of the Revell Germany Star Wars kits - the snap tite ones so he can build one himself think he would love the AT-At - nice size kit. He is "developmentally delayed" so I have to keep things simple for him.

Bishop

Alphans
A yoke gone bad....

Its one of the troubles I have liberator, trying to find stuff my almost 6 year old can do without me doing most of it.

Fun Pod

Alphans
Given the Flash Gordon-like design and the tradition of naming craft after females, how about (Dale) "Arden", as in, "... she was an Arden to find a name for" :p

(... perhaps I'll just shut up and drink the rest of the champagne...)

paul gray

Forum Supporter
what a lovely way to spend a wet day. the craft is looking good . i have a box of bits ( not model bits ) that would otherwise get chucked out, but have yet to put them to use.
i would call it "the Ferrero"
cheers Paul

saturnapollo

Alphans
Hey that's a brilliant project. I've used a few of these Ferrero Rocher chocolate containers too, but only the clear plastic half for windows. Your use of the whole thing is really imaginary!

Keith

Tim Smith

Alphans
:thumbup:
I just got a couple of the containers myself after Easter, but I didn't envision anything like that! Yeah, the idea has merit, very much so!! I see I need to find some Australian honey, though. Nice shape for a rocket motor.

Dr Kane

Alphans

Oh, I really, really like that. :thumbup: 'This spacecraft is made from 100% recycled materials'.

I can imagine a Treen (from 'Dan Dare') zipping around in that thing.

Liberator, I assume you've seen the 'fatherhood' commercials shown on TV recently? You're living & breathing that stuff.