Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

What colour the Alien derelict?

MangaMax

Alphans
Indeed.
I'm just about to repaint the Eaglemoss Derelict and i'm umming and ahhing as to what colour the base coat should be. I don't want to go the metallic route it appears in a lot of the shots, far preferring the tan/grey that is seen in Giger's concept art and, indeed it looks to be in some behind the scenes shots.
So, question is - has anyone painted one in this scheme and, if so, what brand and shade makes for a good basis?

Giger's design sketches for the Derelict showed it as a warm gray- if it helps just about all of his illustrations used the color pallet of a Siamese Cat.
The Alien ship also changed from the original one scene in Alien (and makes a brief appearance in the special edition of Aliens) and Prometheus, where colors and proportions changed.
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f307/Bengt123/HRGigeroriginalvsPrometheus_zps79f10094.jpg
I consider these to be different ships- all based on the same technology and produced (or grown) from similar shipyards.