Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

White Star Line/RMS Olympic fan

copernicus

Alphans
I've been facinated with the Titanic and other White Star Line ships ever since I read Clive Cussler's "Raise the Titanic" back when I was a kid. I even found a website link showing some recent photos of the large-scale model they used for filming the movie version.

http://titanic-model.com/models/raise_the_titanic_movie_model/index.shtml

I also have been working on a pair of Academy 1/350 scale Titanic models over the years. Can't wait to get at least one of them finished.

Great find. I have been to Malta a couple of times and never found the model. Whereabouts is it ?

Last edited:

copernicus

Alphans
There was of course the famous American Star liner that ran aground several years ago off the coast of Fuerteventura. I was lucky enough to see it when it was still visible above the sea but alas it has now totally disintigrated and nothing now remains. If anyone is interested I can post some pics of it.

oshvision

Alphans
See! Cameron could've spent far less on effects than he did.

Yer, why build a $15,000,000 to scale studio replica when you can make the boat from 1 piece of A4 paper shot on a green screen!!! eat that James Cameron, director of the 1997 Titanic film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet! :thumbup:

I did start working on a Titanic kit, i think it was 1:144 scale model? maybe i`ll finish it in the summer.

Last edited: