Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

YAET

Lee S

Alphans
Yet Another Eagle Tank....
This one has been on simmer for years. I brought most of the kit pieces in 2004/5 and then it sat waiting for the vac-form nose pieces. Finally last year I managed to get one (Thanks Chris) and could start. Since then I've moved 3 times (work) and it went back in a box. Last weekend I cracked it open and yesterday managed to make some progress.

Nothing much but it's great to finally see it coming together. All the 'extra bits' on the inside are just to strengthen the shell.

Trying to decide if I'm going to light it or not.

L

Lee S

Alphans
Well another 6-7 months in a box, and now in Thailand (This is a very well travelled model, I estimate it's done 60k miles or so), it's finally getting some paint!
Had a few pieces I was missing, but those are set. One piece I don't have, so it'll have a 'stand in' for now, no biggie, just want it done now!

There's a few places it's not 100% accurate, but there's only a few people that would ever know :)

skiffy

Alphans
Wow - that's a very nice (and very faithful) tank. Are you going to fit a radio kit? It would be great to see it moving.. :)

Lee S

Alphans
No radio kit for this one, the wheels are actually going to get a bunch of epoxy before it's done. I started with the 'copy' Chieftain so that was kinda rough already. Then it had two pieces missing that hold the front wheels on, despite many emails and calls they never sent the parts. Plus it's very well travelled and some bits have broke and been re-glued. So it's very much a static model :-/

skiffy

Alphans
That's a shame, so not even a pull string... Never mind - it's a brilliant build (and paint)!

I know it's been a long road, but you must be chuffed to be so close to finishing. Looking forward to seeing some beauty shots!

joeb

Alphans
That is beautiful Lee. Where would a Gerry A production model be without those Gemini parts that are on the back of the laser gun mount. They show up every where. Great work

Joe

Lee S

Alphans
Paint and decals done, weathering next.
Had to do some repainting because of problems with Tamiya flat clear (avoid it!)
Yes I know I used the 'wrong' Alpha decals, but they are the correct ones, just not what was used on the original miniature.
Just need to unmask the windows and add the trim

Transporter

Alphans
Fantastic build, Lee! I did not get over the "collecting parts"-part of the whole model yet. Too many models, too little time. ;)
So are you going to light it now?

Lee S

Alphans
No lights on this one, after 7 years I just wanted it done :)

The second round of moon dust is done, I'm doing one final this morning and then it's on the shelf and onto the next...