Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Year 2 Alpha Interior diorama

john_trek

Alphans
Years ago I bought a resin garage kit figure (3 guesses as to what the figure was originally). I converted it to a Year 2 Command Center operative, and always said "one of these days he needs a home"

Last year I finally got around to building him one. The room I constructed would not be found in any Year 2 episode, but the wall sections are all typical of Keith Wilson panels, and each of them have appeared in one way or another in Year 2 sets. I took a bit of liberty with ratios. The wall segments are a little narrower than they should be, and the depths of panel cutouts and the door frame are a bit shallower than they should be. But I was mostly interested in catching the flavor, and I think I acheived that.

BrianS

Alphans
john_trek said:
Years ago I bought a resin garage kit figure (3 guesses as to what the figure was originally).
Patrick Stewart aka Picard?

As to the diorama itself, that is simply superb! It is spot on! I LOVE it! Way to go! :clap: :notworthy: :clap:

JMChladek

Alphans
Dang, he looks good with the mustache as well. If you wanted to, you could take it a step further and acquire a Patrick Stewart publicity photo, add the mustache to it, then print it out in black and white for his Alpha ID badge. In that size, it wouldn't be much, but it would add another nice touch to the fig. But even if you keep it like this, it looks great! :)

CR

Alphans
This has got me inspired to try something similar, only in the Season 1 format. (Main Mission? Nah, too big right now. Maybe some year when I live in a bigger place. And if I'm going to go large, I may as well do Nuclear Generating Area 3, one of my favourite sets!)
Now, if I can just find that figure...

JMChladek

Alphans
CR said:
This has got me inspired to try something similar, only in the Season 1 format. (Main Mission? Nah, too big right now. Maybe some year when I live in a bigger place. And if I'm going to go large, I may as well do Nuclear Generating Area 3, one of my favourite sets!)
Now, if I can just find that figure...

Do up a yellow sleeved technician in a room overlooking the underground Eagle hangar, such as the office seen in "Breakaway". Put a table there and a chair or two, maybe a clipboard and have a "window" with a screencap of the hangar bay below (with lots of Eagles). That might get you something from season one without getting too big. Hmmm, now that I think about it, maybe I might have a go at this idea. 8)

saturnapollo

Alphans
That's a really inovative idea for a diarama, John_Trek - and extremely well executed. It's ideas like that which seperate a good diarama from an award winning one.

Good idea of yours as well Jay, but how about a forced perspective shot through the glass of a hangar filled with Konami Eagles?

Keith

JMChladek

Alphans
saturnapollo said:
Good idea of yours as well Jay, but how about a forced perspective shot through the glass of a hangar filled with Konami Eagles?

Keith

Only problem with that is it wouldn't be just the Eagles, but also the wall tiles. Still, maybe if it were properly sized, one Konami Eagle might be present in the forground (say on the overhead crane) while the background ships would be the picture. But then one would add in the necessity for lighting to make sure the Konami Eagle is lit in a way similar to that of the picture.

Hmmm, with power going to lights, maybe a crane track and a timer circuit could be set up, so the Konami Eagle would pass by the window every minute or so? The noise of such an operation might be a bit distracting though from whatever motor is used to power it and the gears driving it. Still, it is worth looking into.

xsavoie

Alphans
For a moment,I thought that this was full size.What came to my mind is that you had remodeled a room of your house.Looks real indeed. :D

CR

Alphans
I like the idea of the room overlooking the Eagle hangar, and once you'd mentioned it, I instantly thought of a forced perspective dio. Don't know if I'd use Konami's though, for two reasons: (1) they're not accurate looking enough for my taste and (2) I only have one.

As for rigging up a crane, that sounds like it could be done modifying doon's reindeer lift, only running sideways instead of up & down. Wait, that wouldn't quite work; I'd need something like the drive that moves windshield wiper blades back & forth...

Dang! I wish I had unlimited funds & more time!!

Transporter

Alphans
Hi CR. Maybe you could use a Comet Miniatures Eagle, cut it in half and put it between a double mirrored glass, to get a kind of infinite Eagle Hangar...? Just an idea. :)