Space 1999 Eagle Transporter Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• We have updated the Terms and Conditions, you will be prompted to read and agree to these next time you are active on the forum.
SPONSORED BY

Year 2 Blu ray

This is a lackof sales of GA product by A&E not about Blu-ray, per-se. A&E have mined that seam to death and they are saying the catalogue is generally not viable, be it in SD or BD, which quite different from saying BD sales are generally slow. Network continue to sell GA and ITC product in SD and BD and S1999 S2 will appear in BD.

Marty...

This is a lackof sales of GA product by A&E not about Blu-ray, per-se. A&E have mined that seam to death and they are saying the catalogue is generally not viable, be it in SD or BD, which quite different from saying BD sales are generally slow. Network continue to sell GA and ITC product in SD and BD and S1999 S2 will appear in BD.

Marty...

Ah............marty. Did you read my post/s correctly?

Either you didn't or you're deliberately ignoring what I said. Tell you what - go back and read them correctly then come back to me.

gwent

Alphans
Why are people arguing the merits and sales statistics of the blu-ray format here? This is meant to be about the discussion of the Space:1999 blu-ray releases, both the already-released year one, and the happy-to-hear still upcoming year two.

I know I'm not a mod and it's not my business, but it would be great if things could get a bit more back on topic. This is getting tedious. Just a thought.

Why are people arguing the merits and sales statistics of the blu-ray format here? This is meant to be about the discussion of the Space:1999 blu-ray releases, both the already-released year one, and the happy-to-hear still upcoming year two.

I know I'm not a mod and it's not my business, but it would be great if things could get a bit more back on topic. This is getting tedious. Just a thought.

Sorry if you think it's getting tedious but marty seems to have so much more 'insight' and knowledge on things than most of us mere mortals on here [ as usual ] - so I thought it would be nice to give him a chance to show us his vast breadth of wisdom.

mvo2525

Alphans
Season one blu-ray--fantastic!

I am a new member of this forum. I have just purchased and viewed the very impressive Space 1999 season one blu-ray. We are now into 2012. Season two was supposed to be out by now--does anyone have a date for this release?

MADsen

Alphans
Season one blu-ray--fantastic!

Hi mvo2525...

I think every one is awaiting what´s gonna happen with Season 2 on blue ray..

I have lost track of it... First you hear it´s on, the next minute it´s off and then it´s on again... :think:

This Season 2 blue ray issue is like an lightswitch, thats being turned on and off every time you enter or leaving a room...

I keep hope to see year 2 on Bluray

It would just be great to see season 2 release on Bluray. After the
superb work made on year 1 I think we can hope for a great release

shadokp

Alphans
This may have been mentioned elsewhere but I will include this in the season 2 topic -

Space: 1999 Season 2 Blu-ray delayed until 2013 or even 2014!!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Space-1999-Season-2-Blu-ray/17503

Essentially, here's deal: When Network (which does all the production and remastering on the BDs under license with ITV) went to produce the Season One set, they discovered that all of the mag tracks (that make up the audio on the first season episodes) had already been digitized, so the company didn't have to take on the cost of doing it themselves in order to create new 5.1 audio mixes for each episode (in addition to the original mono). However, those tracks haven't been converted yet for Season Two and the high cost of digitizing this material has caused the budget for the BD production to become quite expensive. Network has informed me that they're definitely committed to releasing the season on Blu-ray and they're talking with ITV and New Video about the best way to make it happen affordably while ensuring that the set is of the same high quality as Season One. As with that set, Network will transfer all the episode film elements in full HD for remastering and hopes to find additional film material in the archives as well (outtakes and the like) that they'll also scan in HD for inclusion on the set. Of course, they again plan for the audio to be available in both 5.1 and the original mono. That said, the time needed to work out these details and complete the production properly means that Season Two will likely not street on BD until late next year or early 2014. In any case, rest assured that it's coming... just not right away. Adjust your plans accordingly.

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Space-1999-Season-2-Blu-ray/17503#ixzz26mtPoIg6

gwent

Alphans
Good news, bad news. I'm very glad to hear they're committed to releasing year 2. I'm just sad it will take so much longer. Well it should definitely be worth the wait. Glad to hear they're looking for new bonus material to scan in HD too.

One thing that worries me is will year 2 be available in the US by A&E like year 1? I thought I heard from somewhere that they won't have the license for year 2 when it comes to blu-ray? If that's the case, what would year 2 fans do in the US? The UK Network discs are likely to be region-coded, correct? Does anybody have any idea how distribution in the US would work for year 2?

Last edited:

Cellini

Alphans
Good question, Gwent. However, I don't know if there is anything official or legal going on but in recent times I have noticed that many Blu-Rays are produced region-free (the latest is The Avengers which I have bought yesterday), we can only hope the trend will be respected with S1999 S2.

gwent

Alphans
I believe the year one UK blu-rays were region-coded, but I could be mistaken. That's what worries me.

I'm certainly glad they are taking the time to do this right. I just hope the US isn't left out (and hopefully we get the extras also,like we were fortunate enough to get for year one).

shadokp

Alphans
I purchased the Y1 UK Blu Ray and it worked fine in my player - I believe I had read first that it was not region locked.

KP

shadokp

Alphans

gogs100

Alphans
FromTheDigitalBits:

"Finally, we’ve confirmed with all parties involved that the listing on Amazon for Space: 1999 – Season Two on Blu-ray is actually for DVD – the very same disc released by A&E and New Video previously, just re-issued by Lionsgate. Network in the U.K. tells me they are well along in developing plans for the Blu-ray release of Season Two, but don’t expect it before mid-2014."